21

❤️❤️❤️
Mark was attempting to explain himself but Donghyuck had already heard everything. He didn't need an explanation, he just needed someone to consider his opinions before making rash decisions or even talk to him before doing something that would clearly affect their future. The fact that mark didn't even consult or care enough to ask him about it made him mad. Mark forced his parents to 'love' him out of intimidation. They didn't love him because they changed or they wanted to love him, it was because of Mark and Donghyuck wasn't sure if he could forgive him for meddling in his life. He was fuming with anger, he didn't want to see anybody right now especially not Mark or his parents.

"Is that true, Mark?" He questioned and Mark nodded.
"I did it so they would know there mistakes." Mark attempted to explain.
"They've only been nice to me because of you." Donghyuck spoke.
"No, Hyuckie, they love you." Donghyuck ignored him.
"They've never loved me. It was all an act!" He yelled.
"Hyuckie-" Mark attempted to hold his hand but Donghyuck moved away from him.
"Don't touch me!" Donghyuck shouted. He pulled on his shirt and shoes before walking out. Mark ran after him but he was persistent. He needed proof and he knew his grandparents would have it.
"Angel, please come back!" Mark grabbed his arm to stop him from walking out the house. He pulled his hand out of Mark's grip and stared into his eyes.
"I am not your Angel." He said, infuriated.
"Son..." Donghyuck glanced at his father, that called him and took a deep breath before walking out of the house.
"Mark, what happened?" His mother asked.
"Is it about that time?" Donghyuck's mother questioned and Mark nodded as they explained the situation.

❤️❤️❤️

"Is that really what happened? He really did that?" Donghyuck asked his grandparents.
"Yeah, they never loved you, they never will." His grandmother provoked him.
Tears threatened to fall from his eyes and he tried to blink them away.
"Shut up!" Taeyong yelled at them.
"They're wrong, Haechan. They're just trying to get in your head." Yunho warned but Donghyuck didn't believe it, he only believed what he himself had heard and he didn't know who to trust anymore.
He let a tear escape.
"I wish I would just die." He muttered to himself but Yunho overheard. However he decided to wait and address the matter later when Donghyuck had calmed down.
"I hate you!" Donghyuck screamed at his grandparents.
"I hate you! I hate my parents! I hate Mark fucking Lee!" He yelled.
"You all need to get out of my life, all you do is try and control everything and make matters worse!!!" He shouted one last time before running to his room and locking the door.

❤️❤️❤️

It had been a week since the incident and the only time Donghyuck would leave his room was for school. He wouldn't talk at all, not to his family or friends but atleast he would make eye contact with them and smile occasionally for reassurance but with Mark it was worse. Donghyuck wouldn't even look at him, if he saw Mark in his path he'd turn and walk the other way. Mark tried on multiple occasions to sort things out with Donghyuck but Donghyuck would either ignore him or glare. Everyone could sense it, the students, the teachers, their friends. Everyone knew something was off so they tried not to do anything to annoy the two of them.
It was currently break time and both Mark and Donghyuck sat on separate sides of the table. Mark silently munched on his chunks of watermelon and glanced at the uncomforting aura that surrounded the table.
"So, how have your days been?" Mark began, in order to make the mood happier. Donghyuck looked up for a second and looked back down, when there eyes met.
"Good, I got the top grade in English and I'm being upgraded into the top class." Chenle said followed by a bunch of approving comments.
"I'm happy for you. We'll give you all the love and support we can." Renjun said to Chenle. Suddenly Donghyuck spoke.
"Love and support..." He paused and sighed, as they all looked at him. "Something I'll never get." He mumbled, loud enough for them to hear whilst he stabbed his salad with his fork. They all expected Mark to respond but instead he got up and left the cafeteria, whilst tossing his lunch in the trash.
Chenle and Jisung went after Mark and sat with him in the same corner of the library he used to sit in with Donghyuck.
He dropped his things and  slid down by the corner of the wall.
"Hyung, you okay?" Jisung asked, Mark stayed silent.
"Hyung..." Chenle said upon witnessing a tear roll down Mark's cheek, followed by several more. They sat beside him and Mark hugged Chenle.
"I was only trying to help, I didn't think he'd get mad." He mumbled between sniffles.
"I thought I was protecting him but I was stupid and inconsiderate." He continued.
Chenle stroked his hair for comfort, whilst Jisung wiped away his tears.
"It's okay, hyung. We're here for you." Jisung gave him a cute thumbs up to make him smile.
"I hate being in love. There's is so much to do if you want to stay happy." He muttered.

"Then why are you still with him and why are you still doing your best for him when He keeps pushing you away?" Jisung asked.
"Because I love him and when you love someone, you fight for them." Mark said wiping away his tears.

❤️❤️❤️

Meanwhile Renjun, Yangyang, Jeno and Jaemin sat with Donghyuck and tried to get more insight in the situation.
"Donghyuck, what's gotten into you?" Yangyang asked.
"Yeah, this whole image, it's not you." Jaemin said.
"I hate everything." Donghyuck said plainly.
"That's it, no explanation?" Jeno asked.
"There's nothing to explain. Mark didn't think about his actions, my parents never loved me, my grandparents are dickheads and I wish I was never born." You could hear the frustration in his tone.
"Hyuck, things may not be the best right now but don't make any sudden, unadvised decisions. You could regret it later." Jeno warned.
"He's right. Take your time and think things through. You don't have to tell us exactly what's wrong or why but If you need anything we're gonna be right here." Renjun said and the other boys agreed.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but if you're so mad at mark and you 'hate' him, why haven't you broken up with him?" Jaemin queried. Donghyuck thought for a second before speaking.
"I don't know. I want to forgive him but I can't, what he did really hurt my feelings. In some ways I'm giving up hope on this relationship but  something keeps telling me that if I keep running maybe he'll just go away and I won't have to actually say anything to him because that would hurt a lot more." Donghyuck poured his heart out to them and Yangyang wiped his tears.
"Quit crying, you're making me emotional."
Yangyang said.
"What- I was crying?" He said in confusion making the other boys laugh.
Hopefully he'd get more time to himself when he got home.
❤️❤️❤️