20

❤️❤️❤️
Mark woke up in the morning to see Donghyuck no longer by his side. He  grabbed a hoodie from his wardrobe and put it on before going downstairs. He walked into the kitchen, only to see his mum and Donghyuck cooking together. They seemed to be getting along well but Mark was still to sleepy to even bother hiding his relationship from his mother any longer.
He walked behind Donghyuck and wrapped his arms around his waist, which startled him.
"Good morning, angel."  Mark said and Donghyuck didn't respond.
"G-good morning." He responded without his usual nickname, making Mark sulk.
Mark puckered his lips for a kiss but Donghyuck pushed his head away.
"Stop being so panicked, it's only my mum." He rolled his eyes and pecked Donghyuck's cheek instead.
His mother watched the scene unfold and laughed at the two boys.
"Mark finally has a boyfriend! It's a miracle!" His mother cheered.
"I thought he'd be single forever." Mark glared at her.
"Yaaaaah! You should be more supportive as a parent." He said informally.
"Don't 'yah' me. You ill mannered specimen. There is no way you're my son." She scoffed and Donghyuck was envious of how playful and friendly their relationship was.
There was a sudden knock on the door and Mark answered it.
"Hey, I came to get Donghyuck." Yunho said and Mark let him in.
"Hey bro, you can come home now." He swung his arm around Donghyuck's shoulder. Mark still felt Jealous of Yunho, due to their past relationship and Yunho's incredibly good looks. So when he saw Yunho's arm draped around Donghyuck, his instincts kicked in.
Mark pushed Yunho's hand off of Donghyuck's shoulder and stood in-between them, which amused his mother.
"I'm coming with you." Mark said.
"Why?" Donghyuck asked.
"Yunho's too good looking for my liking." Mark stated. Making Yunho laugh.
"So, you don't trust me?" Donghyuck pouted.
"I trust you but not him." He pointed to Yunho.
"Dude, I said he's all yours." Yunho clarified but let Mark tag along.

❤️❤️❤️

"So, we decided you could finally arrange your marriage." His grandparents said.
"WHAT???!!!" All 5 of them yelled in sync, including Donghyuck's parents.
"Yes, your marriage with Yunho. His parents are okay with it and  so are we." His grand father said, knowing his relationship with Mark, made it more fun for them to destroy his relationship.
"But Donghyuck and I broke up already." Yunho pointed out.
"Oh, don't be silly. We know how much you love each other." His Grandma said
Donghyuck sighed, knowing there was no easy way out of his situation. His grandparents were worse than his own parents with violence.
Meanwhile Mark was massaging his head to not go crazy.
"You two are a perfect match." She continued. That was it, Mark snapped.
"No, they aren't! If they were, they wouldn't have broken up! Donghyuck is my boyfriend, we're  a perfect match." Although Donghyuck was happy that Mark loved him so much, he wanted to slap the boy for being so impulsive because he knew his grandparents well and they weren't going to let this slide...

❤️❤️❤️

Donghyuck was right. His grand father had attempted to lock him in the cellar and when he failed he locked Mark, Yunho and Taeyong in the cellar, so that they could hurt Donghyuck without any of them getting in the way.
They banged on the door but it was no use.
They could only hear Donghyuck's painful cries and whimpers.
Mark fell too his knees and tears dropped from his eyes and he felt helpless. He can't help Donghyuck.
"I can't protect him." He muttered.
Yunho helped him up.
"Get up." Taeyong said and Mark listened.
"If you sit and cry, it's not gonna solve anything." Taeyong continued.
"Yeah, so get yourself together and help us get out of here somehow. You can feel sorry later but now we need to put his safety first." Yunho scolded and Mark did as told.
They heard Donghyuck's parents yelling at them to stop. The boys counted down...
3...
2...
1...
They ran towards the cellar door and broke it down together. They saw Donghyuck unconscious on the floor and his parents beside him.
Taeyong wanted to hit his grandfather, who stood there with a belt in his hand, but he wasn't going to. Instead he screamed and yelled at them whilst the others finally decided to call an ambulance but his parents refused.
"If we  call them now, things will only get worse for him." They said and so, we took him to my house.

❤️❤️❤️

Taeyong and Yunho stayed with his grandparents and Mark went with Donghyuck and his parents.
Mark's mum was startled at the sight and instantly assisted them in helping Donghyuck without question. They explained the situation to her anyway and she didn't say anything further.
"Let's wait until he wakes up, let me go make you guys some food. You must be hungry." Mark's mother offered.
Donghyuck's parents got up to leave with her.
"Mark, are you coming?" She asked but Mark shook his head.
"I'll stay with Donghyuck." He smiled weakly.
He interwined his fingers with Donghyuck and caressed the back of his hand with his thumb.
He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Donghyuck's forehead.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I couldn't help you. When you're with me, you always get hurt and I can't even help you. I feel terrible. Maybe we shouldn't be together..." He paused and let a tear slip once again.
"I can't see you unhappy and in constant pain. That's why I did what I could to protect you." Mark hung his head and didn't notice Donghyuck shifting slightly.
"I threatened your parents, I know it was wrong but I was drunk and stupid and I couldn't stand to see you sad. I even checked up on them a few times to make you okay because I noticed how unusually close you were becoming again but it was all because I wanted to protect you." He sniffled. Donghyuck's eyes fluttered open and tried adjusting to the light.
"I never expected things to get worse and I can't exactly threaten elderly people into loving you, especially when they're complete psychos." He spoke angrily to himself but froze when he  heard the younger boy speak up.

"Mark..." Donghyuck said and Mark snapped his head in Donghyuck's direction.
"Donghyuck I...
❤️❤️❤️