23

❤️❤️❤️
The next day, wasn't any better for Donghyuck, he was still not being himself and listening to nobody. He wouldn't eat anything at all and he looked weaker. Although Mark's words constantly replayed in his head he reduced his daily amount of cigarettes but didn't stop completely. He felt it was the only thing he could drown himself in and feel more satisfaction.

All the boys with the exception of Mark, arrived at Donghyuck's house to keep him company one by one. All that was left, was for Chenle and Jisung to arrive. Donghyuck sat in his living room with them, when his parents called him.
"What!!!?" He shouted angrily not wanting to speak to them.
"It wasn't a lie at all." His father said but Donghyuck rolled his eyes.
"Whatever! I don't want to hear it." He said but they spoke anyway.
"We really do love you." They said and Donghyuck stayed quiet.
"Then why did you wait so long to show it."
"We were stupid. Manipulated into a reality where we were taught by your grandparents that violence was the way to discipline your children. Mark helped us realize our mistakes, he didn't force anything." They explained.
"That's not an excuse." His  grand mother spoke.
"If they really loved you would they need  somebody else to tell them that. Shouldn't they know how to love and protect their own children." His grandfather pointed out.
"They're trying to get into your head." Yunho said.
"It's the truth isn't it. How much they tortured you and hurt you. You just believe that they changed overnight. No way, It's not because they realised, it's because they're scared of him." Donghyuck balled his hands into fists and looked the other way.
"Stop talking bullshit." Renjun spat.
"Honestly, how can you live with yourself." Jeno sided with Renjun.
"You're like sixty. God knows how many years you have left to live and you waste it like this." Yangyang hissed. The boys looked at him shocked as he is usually the most sensible one.
"Whatever you say won't change the truth." His grandmother said as his grandfather leaned down to Donghyuck's ear.
"They hate you and they always will!" He growled.

❤️❤️❤️

Donghyuck ran into his room and locked the door. Crashes resonated from the room. Sounds if things falling and breaking and Donghyuck's loud cries bounced of the walls. They tried everything to get him out of the room but he wouldn't open up. All you could hear was his sobbing and screaming. It went on for almost 30 minutes until suddenly, all noises stopped and there was only silence from the other side. They were all terrified, what if he did something stupid. What if he hurt himself.
There fear was subsided when he spoke up.
"I'll open the door-" he began "
"But don't tell at me or say anything." Donghyuck replied, so they agreed. He opened the door and revealed himself with red eyes and puffy cheeks, he allowed Yangyang in and the others after him. The room was a mess. Glass scattered over the ground. Papers, books, clothes and more all over the ground.
"Donghyuck..." Yangyang hugged him.
"I told you not to say anything."
"I can't help it " Yangyang mumbled.
Jaemin's eyes made it's way to the red liquid seeping from Donghyuck's hands.
"Hyuck, you're bleeding!" Jaemin took Donghyuck's hands in his own and caught everyone's attention.
"It was an accident, when I broke the glass things they cut my fingers a little." Donghyuck said. Jaemin lead him to the bathroom to wash and dress his wounds. Taeyong came fruit and a knife in his hand. "I brought you some fruit." Taeyong said as he placed it on the side and Donghyuck hummed to acknowledge him.
Just then Chenle, Mark and Jisung came into view.
"What happened?" Chenle asked but it was pretty obvious, so he put it together himself.
"Is he okay?" Jisung asked with concern embedded in his voice.
Mark was stunned and he felt like he was to blame for everything. Just then Donghyuck and Jaemin exited the bathroom. donghyuk took a seat on the bed and noticed Mark stood in the doorway. He felt his eyes instantly tear up again and he felt all emotion rushing back.

"W-why are you h-here?" He asked with his voice trembling.
"I wanted to check on you. I wanted to see if you were okay." Said Mark.
"Go away! I don't want you here!" He yelled
"I was just worried about you." Mark not spoke loud enough for them to hear the pain in his voice, it was obvious but Donghyuck chose to disregard it.
"Get out!" He screamed.
"You lost that right. you have no reason to be concerned about me, you're nothing to me!" That hit him hard, the realisation that Donghyuck thought of him as nothing and that he no longer had any significance in his life hurt him a lot.
"S-sorry." He stammered.
"But I can't leave you like this." Mark insisted.
Donghyuck's expression changed as his eyes scanned over something that Mark struggled to identify from how far away he was stood. As quick as a flash, Donghyuck grabbed the knife from the fruit bowl and pressed it to his neck, startling everyone.
"H-hyuck, what're you doing?" Jeno said shakily.
"Put the knife down." Taeyong said. The knife penetrated against the surface of his skin making a tiny cut as he slid it.
"Hyung, stop!" Jisung yelled.
"Donghyuck, put it away." Yangyang said.
"Please, Donghyuck. Listen to them."  Mark said moving forward but Donghyuck pressed harder when he did.
"Don't come any closer or I will not hesitate." Mark backed away. The tears fell from his eyes as he spoke.
"I'll leave. I'll get out of your life. Just please... Put down the knife." Mark exhaled sharply before stumbling out of the room and running out of the house.

As soon as he left, Yunho grabbed the knife and snatched it from Donghyuck's grip. He put it to the side and  placed a tissue on the small cut.
"Thankfully, it's not deep." Chenle said.
"Donghyuck, stop behaving this way, we're worried about you." Renjun said.
Donghyuck murmured an apology but Taeyong wasn't satisfied.

"This is pathetic!" He exclaimed. Donghyuck glanced at him.
"I understand your point Donghyuck, you're mad and I understand that you're upset and why you feel that way but that doesn't excuse you're ridiculous behaviour." Taeyong scolded.
"I don't mind you're yelling, or you're screaming, or your constant attitude with everyone. I don't mind that you don't consider how we feel, when you're hurt." Taeyong continued.
"But how can you just push Mark away like that. When you were alone and unhappy he was by your side, he saw through your disguise and he helped you. You know, maybe what he did was wrong  and maybe it was inconsiderate but he did it out of pure love because even though it was risking his happiness, he did what he thought would protect you." Taeyong continued and they all felt it, the complete sincerity and seriousness of Taeyong's words.
"You've pushed him away countless times these last few weeks and everytime he came running straight back because he cares. But guess what!? He won't be coming back anymore. Because he's terrified that if he does come back, you'll do something to hurt yourself! Congratulations Donghyuck! You lost a gem!" Taeyong walked towards the door but stopped to say one last thing to Donghyuck.
"You can be mad and deny your feelings all you want but that doesn't mean they aren't there." He uttered before walking to his own room.
❤️❤️❤️