27

❤️❤️❤️
It had been a year since the series of incidents that had occured and Markhyuck were now living their best life. Donghyuck was okay with his parents and they got a restraining order against his grandparents. Taeyong had introduced them all to Jaehyun, his 2 year long boyfriend and now fiance. They even met Yunho's  2 year long boyfriend, Hansung.
Everything was great.

Currently, all 8 boys lay in relaxation in Chenle's vacation house. Mark was cuddling Donghyuck on the sofa. Running his fingers gently through Donghyuck's hair.

"Move over." Jeno said, wanting to sit down but Donghyuck groaned in annoyance, not wanting to move.
Jeno knocked there legs of the couch and took a seat.
"Bitch." Donghyuck muttered under his breath making Mark laugh.
"There's no space for me now." He crossed his arms and huffed like a baby.
"You can sit here." Mark gestured to his lap and Donghyuck happily took a seat. He swung his arms over Mark's neck and wriggles into a comfy position.
Jisung gagged at the two and Donghyuck rolled his eyes.
"You and chenle aren't any better." Mark informed.

"Guyyyyyys." Jaemin screeched, entering the room.
"Let's get ice cream!" He cheered.
"Yeah, let's go! It's my treat." Jeno said.
Chenle and Donghyuck, instantly agreed and dragged their boyfriends along with them to get ready. Yangyang and Renjun were already dressed and by the door, so they waited patiently for the others. Mark and Donghyuck wore some blue shorts with oversized white shirts before running out with the others. The sun was high in the  bright sky and it shone upon there glowing skin. They took a minute to embrace the warmth before walking towards the ice cream van. Donghyuck laced his fingers with Marks and  swung their arms lightly.
They all told Jeno which ice creams that they wanted and tucked in. Just as Mark was handed his ice cream he saw a little boy drop his ice cream and begin crying. He went over to the boy and knelt down beside him.
"Hi, what's your name?" Mark asked him, the small boy went quiet upon hearing Mark's voice and looked up at him with teary eyes.
"I'm Han. Who are you?" He booped Mark's forehead, making him chuckle.
"Hey Han, I'm Mark." He held his hand out and Han accepted it.
"Mark hyung!" He cheered and Mark smiled brightly. Donghyuck was behind him watching the scene unfold and he loved the sweet interaction between the two. Han certainly made an impression on them.
"Han, why don't you have my ice cream." Mark suggested and Han's eyes brightened upon seeing the delicious strawberry ice cream in Mark's hand.
He made grabby hands at the ice cream and Mark handed it to him. He has immediately tucked into the ice cream, getting it all over his face. Donghyuck bent down beside Mark and used a tissue to clean Han's face.
"Hey Han, I'm Donghyuck." He told.
"Thank you, Donghyuck hyung." He thanked him for cleaning his face.
Donghyuck smiled at him.
"Where are your parents, Han?" Donghyuck asked.
"Up there!" He paused and pointed to the sky.
"In a wonderful place called heaven." He smiled sweetly. All 8 boys were surprised. That wasn't the answer they expected. They felt bad for the boy, who'd lost his parents at such a young age and unknowingly they really began tearing up. Mark and Donghyuck hugged the boy.
"Hyungs, I'm okay!"  Han placed his hands on Donghyuck's cheeks.
"Han!" A lady in her mid 30's, with a few other kids, ran to him.
"Ahjumma!" He hugged her.
"Where were you?" She said worriedly.
"I'm sorry, I got lost." He pouted.
"Thank you for taking care of him." She bowed at the boys.
"It was no problem, he's a sweetheart." Mark pinched his cheeks.
"Who are you?!" Jeno asked impolitely but jaemin nudged him and whispered.
"Manners!" He shout-whispered to him.
"Sorry, I mean, who are you to Han?" He asked.
"I'm his caseworker at Daeyang orphanage." She started.
"What happened to his parents if you don't mind us asking?" Jisung queried.
"His parents were firefighters. They died in an explosion. I can't enclose further details." She said and they nodded in understanding.
"How has such a lovely boy, not found a home yet?" YangYang wondered.

"Everybody who adopts him either brings him back or they don't adopt him at all because of his ADHD." She said sympathetically.
"He's a good kid and he deserves a loving family." She finished.
Mark and Donghyuck shared a glance. As if they could read each others mind. They felt  as if it was destiny, as if nobody could change their mind because this is what they wanted and what the universe wanted for them.
"Can we have your number please?" They asked in unison.

They exchanged numbers and business cards, hoping to start something new.
❤️❤️❤️