15

❤️❤️❤️
"Mark, what kind of relationship is this?" Donghyuck asked, his eyes glistening with hope that he'd get the answer he wanted.
"What kind of relationship do you want this to be?" Mark also responded with a question to make Donghyuck nervous.
"Well, I just want to know where we stand on the scale. Like strangers. Friends. Best friends. More than friends?" He replied, stressing the words of the last sentence.
"What are we?" He asked one last time.
"I'll show you." Mark stepped forward until Donghyuck had nowhere left to go and so, Mark pulled him closer and closer, lips only an inch apart. He stared at them with hunger and desperation and just as their lips almost touched-

"Donghyuck." Mark mumbled in his sleep causing the younger to look his way.
"Hyuckie." He smiled, still asleep.
"Cutie." Donghyuck whispered to himself before moving towards the younger.
"Mark, Mark wake up."Donghyuck shook the boy.
"What?" Mark groaned in his husky morning voice making Donghyuck's heart do flips in his chest at the melodic sound.
"Quit dreaming about me and come eat breakfast."  He said Making mark widen his eyes at Donghyuck, wondering how he knew but remembered that he often talks in his sleep.
"Give me a piggy back." Mark said and Donghyuck complied. Mark securely wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's neck and Donghyuck held Mark's thighs to make sure he wouldn't slip. He carried the boy downstairs to the food and his grandparents eyed them weirdly. The four of them sat at the dining table, eating breakfast and conversing about many things. They wanted a good, fulfilling breakfast before enjoying  day 2 of their trip.
"Are you two dating?"  Mark's grandma asked out if the blue, causing Donghyuck to choke on his toast.
"No, we're just friends." Mark said. Donghyuck felt a sharp pang in his Chest, as if his heart had just shattered. It hurt him, knowing Mark only considered them friends.
"Yeah, whatever." She responded but Mark felt the need to clarify.
"No, really. We're just good friends." He continued.
Donghyuck inhaled and exhaled deeply, as he felt the idea of Mark not understanding his feelings, quite suffocating.
"I've seen the way you look at each other." She carried on. Adamant on hearing the truth from Mark.
"He's my best friend, that's all." Mark wasn't giving up either and Donghyuck got more and more frustrated. Do best friends cuddle, hug, kiss each others cheeks, compliment each other all the time, express their love. Were those things normal to Mark. Was it normal for just friends to want to kiss each other every time they shared eye contact.
Angrily, Donghyuck slammed his utensils onto the table.
"I'm going to go change." He spoke monotonously and stormed off confusing Mark.

❤️❤️❤️

Donghyuck and Mark had both finished changing and left their rooms only for Donghyuck to be stunned at Mark's features. Donghyuck really wanted to look skinny black ripped jeans  that fit around his waist well and a white shirt with bold writing saying 'Overdressed', that was tucked into the jeans and Portrayed his figure perfectly. He also wore a black denim jacket and boots that complimented the outfit well and made him look like a supermodel in Donghyuck's eyes. He was almost drooling at the sight of him. Bravely, Donghyuck looked away and tried not to acknowledge Mark but unfortunately that's all that Mark wanted.
"Hyuck! What's wrong?" Mark asked but he didn't respond.
"Hyuckie?" Donghyuck remained silent and refrained from looking at Mark, he didn't know what he'd do if he had to look at Mark being so hot, and wasn't able to do anything about it.
"Let's go, boys." His Grandma called.
"Where are we going?" Mark asked.
"Stanley park." His Grandad told us and Mark jumped up and down in excitement.
"You'll love Stanley Park Hyuck, it's beautiful and we can take loads of pictures." Mark smiled and Donghyuck bit his lip so he wouldn't act rashly.
His emotions were really getting the best of him today and he couldn't help it.
"Yeah." Donghyuck responded unenthusiastically and Mark was starting to worry.

❤️❤️❤️

At Stanley Park they all took many pictures and the only time Donghyuck would smile, it was a fake smile for the photographs. They talked a lot about nature as they guided us through the paths of leaves and trees elegantly decorating the area. Donghyuck although still mad, listened well to Mark's grandad explaining the wildlife, as he seemed to know a significant amount of information about it.
"You know a lot about nature." Donghyuck stated.
"I was a scientist before I retired. I worked in the naturalist field." He explained and Donghyuck hummed in response.
"How about we go eat at that restaurant. The one we used to take Mark too as a child." His Grandma suggested.
"The chicken place? It's still there!!!???" Mark questioned in amazement.
"Yep, let's go." Said his grandad as we walked to the restaurant. We sat down in one of the booths and waited for a waitress to come take their order. An ombre haired girl, with chubby cheeks and pale skin approached them.
"Hello Mr and Mrs Lee, what would you like to- MARK!" She yelled.
"Hey Hannah, long time no see." Mark smiled and she almost cried.
Mark pulled her into a hug.
"I missed you so much, you piece of shit." She said, lightly smacking his shoulder.
"Hannah, hurry- MARK!" A tall boy with Fluffy purple hair walked out from the kitchen and was shocked to see Mark.
"Hey Theo. How's life?" Mark hugged him.
"Not the same without you, dude."  He responded and Mark laughed. Meanwhile Donghyuck sat in the corner of the booth, internally screaming. He was so jealous but he was also way too prideful to admit that.
"Donghyuck, these 2 are my friends. They're siblings and their family owns this restaurant, I've known them since I was 2 years old." He explained.
"Nice to meet you both." Donghyuck spoke politely despite his jealousy so he wouldn't come off as rude. One at a time he extended his hand for them to shake and they accepted.
Mark's grandma and grandad, invited the two to sit with them and they agreed since there shift was over. They all shared fun stories and adventures of their childhood and all the stupid things Mark did. Donghyuck was amused by the stories but didn't show it. He was still mad and he wanted it to show so that when the right time comes he could confront Mark.
After eating they strolled around the park, once more before leaving. Donghyuck watched as Mark hugged his friends goodbye.
"Let's meet again, during my visit." Mark suggested.
"I'd love to dude but if we do, Donghyuck will probably kill us with his glares." Theo laughed and Mark looked confused.
"Mark, he is so jealous. He has been glaring at us all day." Theo continued.
"Really?" Mark asked.
"He is whipped for you." Hannah told.
"He's been distant all day though." Mark said.
"And it's your job to figure out why." Said Theo before Hannah tapped him.
"Shit! He's glaring again, let's go Theo." She grabbed her brother and pulled him away.
Mark turned and glanced at Donghyuck, who just looked away upon making eye contact.

❤️❤️❤️

A couple of hours passed and it was now 7pm. Donghyuck was still ignoring Mark and Mark was getting more and more worried about him he had no idea what was wrong. He went to their shared bedroom and sat beside Donghyuck.
"Hey." He stayed silent.
"Hyuckie. Why are you ignoring me?" Mark said in a baby voice making his heart beat faster.
"Leave me alone, Mark." He muttered.
"But Hyuckie, what did I do?" Mark carried on and cuddled up closer to Donghyuck. Donghyuck shook Mark off and Got up to stand outside in the Garden. However Mark chased after him.
"Donghyuck." Mark called as he ran after him.
"Yah! Donghyuck, I'm serious! What's wrong?" He was almost yelling.
"It's nothing, just forget it." He looked away to hide his teary eyes.
"Hyuckie-" He reached over to hold his hands but Donghyuck flinched at his touch and it surprised Mark but he continued anyway.
"-If I've done anything to hurt your feelings, I need to know so I can make things right again."He said with a weak smile and Donghyuck mustered up the courage to speak up.
"It's just that, we do things like hug, cuddle, kisses on the cheek, hold hands and things that two gay guys would never normally do together if they were just friends."
Mark listened to his words attentively.
"I'm struggling. I'm struggling to understand where we stand on this relationship spectrum thing because everytime somebody asks you say we're just friends but then you act like more than a friend, take this morning for an example."
Donghyuck paused to take a breath and looked at the love brewing in Mark's expression.
"I really like you Mark and I need to know about us, so that I can move on if I have to. So, what are we?" Donghyuck finished.
"You know, I had dream about you last night and you said almost exactly the same thing as now." Mark smiled.
"Well how did you respond?" Donghyuck asked.
Mark stepped forward, inches away from Donghyuck. He brought his hands up to Donghyuck's face. One at the back of his neck and one caressing his cheek. Donghyuck looked hopeful, that things would be the way he wanted, as he snaked his arms around Mark's waist. Mark pulled Donghyuck's face closer and stared into his eyes as if the most magical thing was going to happen. He flickered his gaze to Donghyuck's lips and the passion ran through their veins as if both their hearts and minds had the same goal. Mark then pressed his lips against Donghyuck's, unable to control himself any longer. Their soft lips moved in unison, no fighting for dominance, afraid that too much force could break each other due to their fragility. However just enough movement to portray the love they share. They pulled away for a second, lips brushing delicately like butterfly wings. Long enough for them to inhale each others scent, before reconnecting their lips. Again their lips moved in sync, this time with more passion than before, Donghyuck tightened his grip on Mark's waist, leaving no space between them and Mark kept a hold of the back of Donghyuck's neck to deepen the kiss. Mark felt Donghyuck nibbling and sucking on his bottom lip and his cheeks turned pink at the thought of what they were doing. Both boys felt the rush adrenaline and didn't want to stop but they soon ran out of breath and pulled away, gasping for air. The two of them shared a feeling they had never felt before and smiled in happiness.
"I've been meaning to do that for so long." Mark said.
"I like you too Donghyuck, I have since the day I met you. I've never been in a relationship before so I didn't know how to differentiate my feelings." Mark continued.
"So, that was your first kiss!" Donghyuck yelled.
Mark blushed again.
"Yes." He mumbled.
"Seriously. With how well you kiss, I would've never thought that I was your first." Donghyuck complimented.
"Will you be my boyfriend, Hyuckie?"  Mark got straight to the point and Donghyuck hugged him tight.
"Of course I'll be your boyfriend, idiot." Donghyuck beamed.
Somewhere in the distance, maybe from a window. Mark's grandparents stood, watching the scene unfold and smiled knowing the two boys were happy.
❤️❤️❤️

This is not the end.