The kiss

Bucky wandered over to Steve, intent on asking him what kind of cake Tony likes.
He whispers to him, "Hey Steeb, do you know what type of cake Tony likes? Or if he even likes cake at all?"
"Why?"
"Just wondering..."
"Uhm.......... I don't know...."
"Hmm... do you think he will like red velvet? He seems like a red velvet kind of guy....."
"Uhm.. are you okay..."
"Yeah, I'm fine, just wondering what kind of cake to bake him. Do you know when his birthday is? Is it coming soon?"

Steve had no idea what to say, he had no idea what was happening at this point to be completely honest.

"I could probably ask him... maybe I can google it? He's famous so... maybe his birthday will be online?"
"It's May 29th.. are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you sure he doesn't like red velvet? Maybe he likes chocolate..... or vanilla?"
"Uhm..."
"Maybe I should just ask him. You know what? I'll ask him when he's finished with my arm."

And as if right on time, Tony came in with an arm.
"Oh, hi Stark,"
"Hi Barnes,"
"That my new arm?"
"Yep."
"Looks good."

Tony mumbles under his breath, but that doesn't stop Bucky from hearing, "Like you..."
"Ditto.." Bucky started blushing.
"What just happened?" You could almost hear a slight bit of annoyance in Steve's voice when he asked.
"I have no idea..."

Steve raises an eyebrow and they sit there awkwardly for a moment.

"Are you two flirting?"
"Uhm... I don't know......... let's just go test out this new arm..."
"Yeah."

**

Tony was in his lab again, nothing new there though. Bucky walks over to him, hell-bent on asking what kind of cake he likes and not screwing it up this time.

"Hey, Stark. What type of cake do you like? Just wondering." He was trying to sound convincing that he is in fact just wondering and totally not planning to make any cakes, nope! No cakes here!

"Hmm," Tony thought for a moment, "Red velvet, I guess?"
'Yes I knew it!!!!' Bucky thought. "Okay thanks!"

He almost bounces off to get a plum, which, Tony has made sure that ever since he found out how much Bucky liked plums, he always had some available.
'He is so cute!' Tony thought to himself with a big smile on his face.
"Hey Stark? Im just gonna... go home... uhh bye!"

**

Eventually, Bucky finishes the cake. He decides he will sneak into Tony's house and leave the cake in his fridge, with a little sticky note on top saying 'Made you some cake.
-Barnes'
When Tony finds the cake, he smiles a very dorky smile.

**

Tony was going to thank Bucky for the cake, he was eating a plum.

"Thanks for the cake Barnes."
"No problem Stark."
Tony smiled and Bucky smiled back at him.

'That smile!!! AHHH!!!!' Tony thought while staring at Bucky.

'THAT SMILE!!! THOSE EYES!!!! SHIT! SHIT! SHIIIIITTTTTT!'

'AHHH HE'S WAY TOO CUTE!!!!! OH GOD AM I STARING??? AHHH!'

'I'M STARING AREN'T I? HECK!'

They stand there, blushing like crazy and both of them internally freaking out.

'FUCK THIS SHIT I'M JUST GONNA DO IT OH HECK!' Tony thought, then he did it. Bucky paused for a moment before he kissed him back.
At that exact moment, Steve walked in. Shocked, he cleared his throat. The two jumped apart.

"S-Steve?!" Bucky said, startled.
"I-I'll just l-leave..."
"Um... o-okay.."
Tony ran out of there as fast as possible.

"What was that for!!" He looked back at Steve, who just shrugged. Bucky throws his hands up in frustration.
"Well you obviously had some sort of agenda! Why'd you ruin the moment?!"
"I- I don't know.."
"I'm just gonna go..." He opens the door forcefully, slamming it behind him so hard that it came flying off its hinges.