I aM cOnFusIoN

(Idk how to title things I am so sorry)

Bucky was getting groceries, walking down a random aisle. He heard someone whisper behind him, but he didn't know what they were saying until they were on the last word. Bucky's eyes widen with fear but it was quickly replaced with the cold, vacant look that had the winter soldier written all over it.

**

(Time skip to when he isn't in HYDRA anymore)

Bucky woke up in a white room, chained to a chair; his head was throbbing and his metal arm nowhere to be seen.

"Wha-?" He winced at the pain in his head, and felt warm blood trickling down the right side of his face from a gash on his forehead. He looked around the best he could, confused. Why was he here? He heard the door open and close and fear immediately washed over him. What the hell was that?! He tried to turn as best he could in his chair, but it was no use.

"What-?!" Bucky was confused and scared.
"It's okay Bucky, it's okay, you're safe now."
"Who the hell is Bucky?!" He snarled.
Bucky heard a sigh, he was still trying to twist round in his seat to see who was talking to him.
"Who are you?!"
"I am Steve Rogers."
Bucky stopped trying to see who was speaking to him. "Do.... Do I know you?"
"Yeah."
"From where?"
"A very long time ago."
Bucky narrowed his eyes, still unable to see Steve.
"Where are you?"
"On your left."

Bucky calmed down a bit, but he was still nervous.
"I don't like it when I can't see my enemies." He mumbled.
Steve sighed again, "I'm not your enemy Bucky."
"Are you with HYDRA?"
"No."
"Then... what is this?" He referred to everything; the chair, the room, the pain, he had come to associate those things with HYDRA.

Steve sighs and leaves the room. Bucky's eyes were closed, but he wasn't sleeping. He was listening, just listening to the silence around him being interrupted by his ragged breaths and the sound of his heartbeat pounding against his chest.

Tony enters the room shortly after.
"Bucky?"
He was sick of everyone calling him that. THAT'S NOT MY NAME! He wanted to yell out, but he didn't.
"Do you want me to call you something else?" Tony asked him, he was always able to know exactly what Bucky was feeling. It was easy for him to tell.
"Who are you?"
"I was your husband, but you don't need to remember that. My name is Tony."

Bucky opened his eyes but he couldn't see Tony. "H-husband?"
The word had a meaning, obviously, but the memory was so distant, he couldn't remember.
"Yeah..."
"What the hell...?"
Tony moved to a position that made it possible for Bucky to see him. He wanted to let him out, he wanted to go home, Steve wasn't allowing it though, which pissed him off.
"Are you okay?"
"O-okay...?" He looked to Tony, confused. "No ones ever asked me if I'm okay before..."
Tony smiles kindly at him. "Get used to it then because I'm going to be doing it a lot."
"Um... okay.."
"So, are you alright?"
"Well...er.. n-no...?"
"Is it the chair? The room in general? The conversation? Is there a way I can help?"
"I, uh ....can't remember..."
"Okay... so anyway, what'd you want me to call you?"
"I.. don't know.."

A vacant and troubled expression settled on his face like a mask.
"I've never had anyone call me anything other then Soldier..."
"It's okay."
"It... it is?"
"Yeah."

Tony smiled at him and Bucky frowned slightly back, still confused as to who this man was.