Another metal arm

Tony and Bucky were back at the tower.

Bucky sat on the couch, still confused and troubled about a lot of things, like exactly what Tony wanted from him. He got Bucky some plums.

"Is this.... a grenade?"
"No, it's food. You liked them a lot before."
"Alright..."
Tony handed him the plums, smiling. Bucky tries it tentatively.
"It's.. okay..."
"Cool."
Bucky smiled a bit, though it was forced.
"So what do you want to do?"
"Well uhm.. i don't know..."
"Okay, if you need anything then I'll be in the lab."
"Okay..."

Tony went down to the lab to work on another new arm for Bucky. Meanwhile, Bucky was trying to figure out what the hell a remote is. "What is this shit.." he mumbled to himself.

Eventually, Tony came  up again to find him still struggling with the remote. "Do you want some help?"
"Yes please,"

Bucky nods a bit and hands the remote to Tony, "I have no idea what the hell this is."

Tony smiles and shows Bucky how to use the remote and what it does. Now they were happily watching The Big Bang Theory.

**

Tony was in his lab, working on the new arm for Bucky. He hadn't got his back yet, which he didn't mind, he just had to be creative with how he handled things.

"Whatcha got there?"
Tony smiled and looked up to him, "It's for you."

Bucky smiled, and even though it was forced - like all his smiles were. Though he still tried to smile, for Tony, he was smiling on the inside, a genuine smile. Those 'inside smiles' didn't hurt. Just... felt peaceful, in a chaotic sort of way. Even though Tony could tell the smiles were forced, because he can recognise a true Bucky smile anywhere, he didn't ask about it, simply being content with the fact he was trying, not wanting it to end just because Tony said he knew it was fake. Besides, he could see the genuine smile that was hiding beneath it. That was enough.

He continued to work on the arm, Bucky sat in a chair a few feet away from Tony, interested in what he was doing but not getting in the way. Around 10 cups of coffee (because Tony is a very excessive smol bean) later, the arm was finished.

"Lookin' good."
Tony smiled, he was getting deja vu but knew Bucky wasn't. "Me or the arm?"
"Both."
Tony laughed and Bucky gave another fake smile.

**

Tony was thinking about the fact that he still didn't really know what Bucky wanted to be called right now, so he wasn't calling him anything, which definitely felt strange.

Bucky somehow perceived he had a question. "What is it?"
"Hm? Oh uh yeah. Do you know what you want me to call you yet?"
"Well.. I've been thinking about it and... I guess Bucky is alright...." he looked down at the ground, blushing a bit.
"Okay cool."