When memories return

(This is the final chapter in this book, however I will be making a sequel. It will be called Safer now ~ Starkbucks (winteriron) and I'll tell you when it's out in this book and in my announcements.)

Bucky and Tony were watching some random show, both had coffee. Bucky's eyes snap shut as Tony drinks his coffee.

"What the..."
"You okay?"
Bucky doesn't respond, as a memory or two slowly start trickling back in. Tony is confused and worried. A few moments later, his eyes slam back open, his ragged breaths fill the room.
"Bucky?"
"Oh... oh my god..."
"Bucky? Are you alright?"
Bucky didn't know wether to smile or cry, "I think I just got a memory back..."
Tony's jaw drops. "What was it?"
"It was just me and Steve laughing over the most random of things..."
"Oh."

Bucky smiled a bit, as if testing it out to see if he remembered how to smile on the outside now. Tony smiled with him.

**

Bucky and Tony were in bed, memories slowly flowed back into Bucky's mind.  Bucky didn't sleep at all that night, not until all his memories were back. Tony soon woke up and Bucky was trembling.
"Bucky? What is it?"
"I think I just got my memories back..." he mumbled in the smallest voice.
"All of them?"
"Y-yes.."
Tony pulled him into a hug, already knowing a few that would've hurt the most.

Bucky let a stray tear drop fall as Tony reassured him that everything would be okay. They were hugging tightly. "Thank you." Bucky said quietly.
"What for?"
"Everything."
"Your welcome." Tony hugs him tighter and Bucky smiles into his shoulder. They stayed like that for most of the day, when they eventually did get out of bed they were still hugging. They stayed in a tight hug all day.
"Tony...?"
"Yeah?"
"Steve is... he's.."
Tony was confused and it showed, Bucky sighed. "He's HYDRA Tony...."
Tony's eyes go wide and he hugs Bucky tighter. Bucky leans into the hug.
"It's going to be okay...."
"How do you know that...?"
"Because no matter what happens I'm here for you. No matter where you are or what you've done. I'm here for you and he can't change that. I won't let him take you and if he does I'll get you back. You're safe here."

Bucky smiles, blushing and hugs Tony tighter- if that's even possible. "Thank you..."
Tony just smiled and they sat there, hugging and perfectly happy just to be there, with each other. Safe and secure.

At least

At least... they were for now.

(That's it! That is the book done. Next chapter will just be me telling you when I have posted the sequel.)