6

She'd tried, Rosé thought. She could go one step further, knock her cold and have one of the men take her back to the island, but that would leave far too many question, and she couldn't risk it. Collateral damage was a necessary evil, something she'd done her best to avoid most of her career, but if she was going to end up dead then it was due to her own greed. She should make peace with the unpleasant fact and take her back to her room.

She wondered how many of those pills she'd taken. She'd search her purse, of course, more out of habit than any particular suspicion, only to discover that Ms. Jennie Kim had a fondness for tranquilizers. Maybe she could just keep her drugged the entire time, until Kai and the rest of them could disappear. But that would leave her wondering why Kai had chosen to take off to his private island and leave her behind, doped and groggy. She was too smart not to be suspicious. Discretion was as much a part of her assignment as getting it done.

He'd also gone through that slim black briefcase, photographing the details and sending them on to London. 

One more piece of the puzzle of the Rule of Seven.

But what did oil fields in the Mid East have to do with a dam in India? What did it have to do with anything? Apparently Madame Lee had decided it wasn't worth waiting to find out. Which was fine with Rosé, if this goddamn woman hadn't stumbled into her path. 

She was taking her the long way on purpose. She was slightly out of it and hiding it very well indeed, but with her roundabout path she'd never find her way back to Kim Jong-in, assuming she even wanted to.

The one thing that didn't make sense was her not sleeping with her host. People didn't say no to Kim Jong-in, and she had to have. She might be a lesbian, but she doubted it, her fine-tuned instincts ruling out the possibility. More likely she was frigid. Or maybe she only liked it when she could be in control, and Kai was topper if ever there is one.

Rosé had asked London for Intel on her, but they didn't seem in any particular hurry to get back to her, and she's was still working in the dark. It would be easier if she knew a little more about her
But she didn't need to waste her time thinking about how Jennie Kim liked or didn't like Sex. She needed to figure out how to get rid of her without sacrificing discretion. Collateral damage, she reminded herself as she turned down one narrow service passageways.

"You might want to take off those shoes, Ms. Kim" she said in her empty voice. 

" The sea's getting a bit choppy. Do you need something for seasickness?"

" I never get seasick." She stopped anyway, leaning against the side of the passageway to slip off her ridiculously expensive shoes. She was a short woman, and the heels had added a good three inches, and she now seemed vulnerable. She didn't like it when they were vulnerable.

"Never?" She echoed. " You strike me as someone doesn't like boats very much, and I assumed it was a tendency towards seasickness that caused it." 

Her eyes jerked up, suddenly sharp, and she could have knock herself. Rosé might have noticed her dislike of boats, but she would have gone no further than that. She certainly would never mentioned it. 

"I don't like feeling trapped" she said in a tight voice

"Then you not like this passageway either" she said, another mistake. It was long and narrow, with the dim lighting Kai considered atmospheric, and if she had a problem with claustrophobia she'd be hyperventilating at any moment.

"I don't. But just because I don't like something doesn't mean I'll run from it."

She wanted to smile. She sounded like a feisty little kid instead of a corporate mannequin. "i can still arrange for that launch." 

"Are you trying to get rid of me, Ms. Park?" To sharp, despite the wine and tranquilizers. She had a soft mouth, rich brown eyes like a cat, and for a moment she wanted to be someone, anyone but who she was. She was going to make a mistake, and he was going to pay for it, but at that moment she didn't give a shit. 

She didn't bother telling her she was trying to save her life. She slid her hand up her neck, and while she flinched at the first touch she gentled quickly, as her long fingers cupped her face.

" I have a romantic streak" she said with a faint smile, and leaned down to kiss her. 

Such a mouth. She wanted to drown in it. She was too startled and maybe just a bit too drunk to do more than lean back against the wall and let her, and she took full advantage of it, kissing her with a leisurely thoroughness that she hadn't let herself enjoy for a long time. And at the last minute she increased the pressure just below her ear, and she slumped into her arms, unconscious.

•—————————————•
And cut~
That all for today peeps
^o^
Hope you like it  
Chaennie is just starting
-dumpling