23

( ̄~ ̄;)

This one's short
That's new *chuckles*

We're close to the end ಥ_ಥ
Enjoy reading guys
Just a little added detail for what might comes in the upcoming chapters

┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌
--

Jennie woke slowly, deliciously, her entire body feeling relaxed and sated, like a pampered house cat. It was a slow awakening, and she wasn't in any hurry to rush it, letting the sensations drift back bit by bit, the taste, the texture, the myriad delights that were both gentle and not gentle at all. Her body glowed with a power that was foreign and irresistible, and her soul was equally enthralled.

She didn't want to think about her heart. She knew where that was-the most dangerous place in the world. She was too smart, too careful to have done such a stupid thing, and once she got back to the safety of her apartment in New York she'd have no trouble reasoning with herself, convincing herself she'd just let a temporary dependence feel like something else.
Because in truth she couldn't be in love with Roseanne Park. She was hard and cold and dangerous, and she'd already told her sex was one of her best weapons. She knew how to use her body, how to use hers, for maximum effect, and if she had any sense she'd be furious at the way she'd broken last her defenses again, made her vulnerable.

But she had no sense. She was bone weary, in the best possible way, she was starving, she was on the run for her life. But she was safe with Rosé, she wouldn't let anything bad happen to her, and she was in love with her. Just for now, she promised herself. Just for a few, short, indulgent days, she'd accept it and even enjoy it. Enjoy the heady rush of feelings, the way her body tightened she she thought of her. She was much too smart to let it last, but for the time being she'd enjoy the illusion, just because she wanted to.

She was alone in bed, and there were no signs Rosé anywhere, but this time she wasn't worried. She was coming back. She was going to take care of her. She'd gotten her away from Kim Jongin, charming, monstrous, good o'l Kai, and there was no way she'd let her be in harm's way again.

She didn't even want to consider her feelings for her. She'd told her she had no emotions, and she had no reason to doubt her. She'd come halfway across the world for her, and she still hadn't told her why, but she could guess. She was a woman who didn't like to accept failure. If she'd completed her assignment she never would have ended up locked in Kai's oceanside fortress.

Then again, if she'd followed orders she'd be dead. She must have some kind of logical reason for coming to get her. But if she couldn't even figure out her own feelings, she could hardly get a handle on her. She'd simply have to accept things as they were and ho from there.

Normally that would have been anathema to her. She protected herself with the world of ideas and thought and arguments. Not with raw emotion and simple trust.
But the bottom line was, she trusted her. Completely. And maybe that was even more powerful than thinking she was in love with her.

There was no clock in the room, the television didn't work, but she guessed it was sometime in the early afternoon. She's fallen into a deep, heave sleep in her arms, and she realized with shock that she still wanted her. Again. And again. And she'd gone somewhere and left her alone, and the more she remembered about last night the hottest, the needier she grew. She was going to take a shower, and the moment she walked through the door she was going to jump her.

No, cancel that. She'd probably slam her down on the floor again, and while she appreciated her tensile strength, she didn't like it being used against her. She'd wait for her to come to her. Which she would. Because Rosé wanted her as much as she wanted her. It made no sense, but she knew it to be true, and she sang as she used up the last of the little sliver of soap.

She considered wearing nothing but the sheet, but then she'd really enjoyed the way she'd taken off her clothes, and she was perfectly willing to experience that again. She pulled her damp hair back and looked at her reflection in the mirror, and laughed. Last night she'd looked like a pale, drowned rat. Today she looked vibrant, alive. And happy.

How could a woman like Rosé Park make her happy? It made no sense. But it was true.

She strolled out of the steamy bathroom and stopped short. Rosé had returned, there were too cardboard mugs of coffee on top of the television. Starbucks. She knew she loved that woman.

Except that she didn't know what to say. She didn't even glance at her, she was busy with something that looked like a space age BlackBerry, and she knew her gorgeous body well enough to see the tension radiating thought her. Wasn't she the one who was supposed yo have postcoital regret.

"Which of these is mine?" she asked when she still didn't lift her head.

"The one on the left. It has milk in it." she said, staring down at the machine.

"Milk?"
She looked up at that. "You love milk," she said. "And I figured you needed some extra sustenance."

How could she have remembered such a tiny detail? "Thank you," she said, reaching for the cup. In fact, she doesn't put milk on her coffee, she preferred her coffee black, but she drank it anyway, testing the taste against her tongue. There were all sorts of new things she was getting used to, she thought.

She wanted to sit down on the bed next to her. Hell, she wanted to take the Blackberry out of her hand fling it across the room and push her down on the bed. She'd been thinking about that ever since she got in the shower. It no longer seemed like such a good idea.

She sat down on her own rumpled bed, trying to shove the images out of her mind of the two of them, moving, entwined, breathing, kissing...

"So when do we leave for Canada?" she asked brightly.

She didn't answer for a moment. Then she closed the machine and turned to look at her, her brown eyes hooded and unreadable. "There's been a change in plans."

"What do you mean?" Jennie said. She'd finished the coffee. "We aren't going to Canada?"

She rose. "Kai knows you're alive."
She'd already thrown up in front of her once, she wasn't about to do it again. Besides, except for a few crackers there wasn't anything in her stomach to throw up. By the time she made it home those fifteen pounds would be well and truly for. If she made it home.
And then the ramifications hit. "What about Seulgi?"

She managed to surprise her by her question, enough SK that she looked at her. The mask was in place, last night might never have happened. She let go if it, because she had no other choice.

"We assume she's dead. No one's found a body yet, but Kai's good at covering his tracks." Her voice was totally without expression.

Another one dead, this time one of the good guys. All for her sake. "Are you sure?" Her voice was rough with grief and guilt.

"We're not sure of anything. Except that Kai has got us over a barrel. He wants something bad enough and he knows how to put the screws to us. Problem is, the Committee doesn't negotiate."

"And?"

"We'll give him what he wants, but there'll be backup. He won't get away with it."

She knew what was coming. The ice-cold veil settled down around her, freezing the blood in her veins, freezing her heart and soul. Ice everywhere. She was Cold as Ice.
But she had to hear the words. "What are you going to give him?".

She thought she wouldn't meet her gaze, that she'd be too ashamed. But her cold brown eyes met hers, totally devoid of any feeling at all.

"You." she said.

•---------------•
Hope you like it
And change of plans
ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

I didn't even notice this book is about to end ╮(─▽─)╭

See you in the next update guys
。^‿^。

Bye bye~
Nyongan
- Dumpling