27

Jennie couldn't quite decide whether she liked Lisa Manoban or not. She reminded her of Rosé in all the worst ways, combined with a certain "fuck you" attitude that was particularly annoying. But she'd save Rosé's life, so she could forgive just about anything, do just about anything she had to.

If she hasn't gone charging out onto the deck, desperate to save Rosé, she wouldn't have distracted her long enough to get shot. She knew it, Lisa knew it, and she'd have to live with that knowledge for the rest of her life. At least Rose would, too.

The last time she'd seen her she'd been on a gurney, unconscious, taken out of her life. She only had Lisa's word for it that she survived, that she was recovering, slowly, but recovering. Madame Lee was gone as well, a good thing, Jennie thought. She didn't want to have anything to do with anyone from the goddamn "Committee," if she could help it. At least Lisa had walked away from it.

She did like Lisa's hugely pregnant wife, Jisoo.

She was never quite sure how she ended up in North Carolina, staying with them, probably some high handed decision by Madame Lee, but at that time she was too rattled to argue. And it was very peaceful up there in the woods in the house that Lisa was in the midst of building for her wife, far enough away from her in-laws to keep her sanity, Jisoo had told her.

Her wife had not been pleased with her wife's disappearance, and in retaliation had refused to speak to her for the first three days after her return with Jennie in tow. And then she went into labor, screaming imprecations in languages Jennie couldn't even begin to recognize, and hadn't stopped until little Ha-neul arrived, small and perfect and taking over in the screaming department where Jisoo had left off.

It seemed a good time to vacate, but Jisoo wouldn't hear of it, and Jennie had always had a weakness for babies. "Wait until we know Chaeyoung is on the mend," she'd said. "Wait until the baby stops crying all the time. Wait until Ha-neul sleeps through the night." And "Wait until My idiot wife tells us what's going on."

It would be a cold day in hell for the last, Jennie thought. When she finally announced she was going back to New York, no more delays, Lisa simply told her that her apartment had been sold and her belonging packed up and put in storage, by order of Madame Lee. The only thing sent on to her in North Carolina was her passport.

It was that simple.

•---------------•

It seems like this will end so soon which I expected.

*sighs* after this it's gonna be the end of CAI

*pouts* thank you sooooo much to all my readers

*chuckles* at first I was doubting anyone would like this... anyways all i could say is thank you soooo much T-T

Ha-neul means Sky by the way *scratches my head* i couldn't think of a name for the baby

See you in the End Guys~

Bye bye~

Nyongan