19

Rosé Park's hands were rough a and impatient as she hauled Jennie upright. She looker awful, shadowed eyes, paler skin, and she'd lost weight.

"She looks like shit," she said, slicing through the bonds on her wrists. "What the hell did you do to her? I thought you were keeping Kai away from her?"

"Kai didn't touch her. In case you hasn't noticed, she's a stubborn woman. She's not very good at taking hints."

"That she isn't," she agreed, looking down at her. "Why the gag?" She reached for it, about to cut it free, when Seulgi's words stopped her.

"You warned me she was mouthy. I figured it would make life easier if I didn't have to listen to her complaints."

Rosé hesitated. She was glaring at her over the encompassing gag, and she tried to ignore her feeling of relief at her first sign of life. "Good point. Maybe I'll leave it on."

She shoved herself away and began clawing at the gag herself. The woebegone waif was already fighting back.
Seulgi's knots weren't likely to he undone by a simple New York lawyer. "Put your hands down or I might cut off a finger," she said, slicing through the silken bonds. She cast a knowing glance at Seulgi, the restraints must have come from Kai's well-known supply. Silk was soft and sleek but very strong, and there was no escaping a silk binding no matter how much the victim struggled. Blood, sweat and tears only made it stronger.

The gag fell to the floor and Jennie Kim's started working. "You son of a bitch!" She began. "Yeah, I'm glad you're alive, too," she snapped. "Now shut up and let me get us the hell out of here."

"I leave her in your capable hands," Kang Seulgi murmured.
"You've got things covered? Dumbass question, of course you do. Thanks for this "
"If by this you mean me-" Jennie said.
"Shut up," Rosé said. "If you want to get out of this alive without screwing me or Seulgi over you'll keep your mouth shut."
"Your wellbeing has never been my particular concern," she said haughtily as she stood at the bottom of a cave dressed in black silk pajamas that were too big for her. "Ms. Kang, on the other hand, deserves my complete gratitude."
"God, no!" Seulgi's expression was pure horror. "Just a favor for a friend."