10

Jennie couldn't catch her breath. Even on that padded, carpeted floor, she'd thrown her so hard the wing had been knocked from her, and her knees on he chest didn't help. She gasped, and then the air came back, and with her anger.
She moved fast enough, catching her ankle and attempting to dislodge her, but she was stronger, harder than anyone she'd ever practiced with. And this wasn't practice.

She reached down, pulling her hands away and yanked her upright. She was uncomfortably taller than she was when her feet were bare, bit she didn't hesitate, bringing her knee up, hard.
She didn't connect-she'd already spun he around, her arms behind her back and her face up against the walk. "You've got moves" she murmured in her ear, "but they're pretty damn pathetic. Never try to knee someone in the balls if there's any chance you won't get away. I've got a fucking dick and It pissing the hell out of me that you would try that damn pathetic move on me, and I tend to get dangerously grumpy."

She says nothing, feverishly thinking where she could try next. Behind the knee was always vulnerable, and there were various blows that she'd been warned could be lethal, blows she shouldn't hesitate trying. But she then thought Rosé is a woman but she's got a dick?! What the hell is she?

And then suddenly she stepped back and she was no longer plastered against the paneled wall she still had her wrists captive, but she wondered if she could kick backward again.

"I wouldn't try it if I were you," she said in her low amused voice. "You telegraph every move ahead of time, and it takes no effort at all to stop you. And I warned you to stop aiming for my testicles. It annoys me."

Somehow she managed to spun her around so that she was facing her, her wrists still held tightly in one of her strong hands. She hadn't even realized she'd let go of hen for a moment-she was doing a pretty pathetic job of trying to protect herself after being Master Tenchi's priz student. "I managed to hurt your friend" she said defiantly.

"So you did. But Bobby's a fool, and he underestimated you. I'm afraid he's the type to hold a grudge. I don't intend to give him a chance to pay you back, but if you annoy me enough I might change my mind."

She wanted to say something cutting, but in fact she preferred Rosé Park to Bobby's unimaginative brutality, even if she stood a marginally better chance of getting away from the man.
Rosé wasn't Ben breathing hard. The eyes that she'd thought colorless were actually a very clear light brown, which reminded her...

"Have you got any contact lens solution?"
She stared at her, momentarily astounded. If she couldn't take her off balance with her amateur selfdefense training she could at least sideswipe her with her words.

"I beg your pardon?"
"You must have been wearing to tinted contacts before, which means you must have some wetting solution somewhere on this boat, and I need it. I've had my contacts for almost forty-eight hours and they're killing me. I should have taken them out when I still had my purse, but I was more interested in getting out of here."

She didn't stay off balance for long. "Be honest, Ms. Kim. You were more interested in your little pills" she said "the stuff is in the head. And don't bother looking for weapon, there's nothing you could use, and the window's too small for you to climb through."

"Is that another crack about my weight?"
Her small grin was reluctant. "It's a porthole, Ms. Kim. No one could get though it. Why are women so ridiculous about their weight, anyways? Ten or fifteen extra pounds don't make any difference. Except when I. Having to haul your unconscious body around."

She was still holding her wrists, or she would have hit her. Of course she knew exactly hoe much extra weight she was carrying, as well as what size clothes she really wore. "You know the answer to that, don't you?" She said with false sweetness. "Stop knocking me out."