11

He couldn't move. Whatever they'd use on him was damn strong; he was so doped up he couldn't even open his eyes, he could just lie on his own bed, zoned out, listening.
It wasn't bad way to spend his time, Kai thought. He had an infinite appetite for any sort of drug, and he was enjoying the rush, perfectly at peace for the time being. Sonnet of later he'd have to make an effort, find someone he could turn, but in the meantime he could just lie and listen to the rat bitch Park mess around with his girlfriend.

The terms amused him. He liked to think of all his sexual partners, willing and unwilling, male and female, child and adult, as girlfriends. Jennie Kim wouldn't know what hit her.

She'd have to be disciplined, of course. She was trapped in a room with him and all she could see was Park. She should have been busy begging for his life, not wrestling with his enemy.
But there'd be time enough to deal with that once he bought himself an ally. They had some kind of complicated plan-he could sense that much though he was so stoned he couldn't bring himself to care. There was a reason they hadn't killed him yet, and whatever that reason was, he knew the truth.

He wasn't meant to die. He was too powerful, and hid vision was too strong. The Rule of Seven was about to come into being, and no force on earth would stop it, or him, no matter how dire things looking.
It was all simple, so beautiful. Seven disasters, one following the other, that would send the world into financial uproar, the kind of chaos only a prepared man could take advantage of.

And it was so well planned that he doubted even the people who'd kidnapped him had any idea what it involved, the scope if his genius l, because he'd been very careful to keep each aspect self-contained. He could buy the best, most ruthless help, and he had seven of them overseeing each of his little projects.
Wipe out one, and there were still six others.

They wouldn't move until he gave the word. He doubted if any of his hired help knew he'd chosen April twentieth as a perfect date-Adolf Hitler's birthday, with the anniversaries of major American disasters such as Colombine, Waco, Oklahoma City surrounding it. They were good soldiers but they lacked imagination.

On the other hand, Roseanne Park had fooled him, something that Kim Jongin wasn't about to forgive. And he'd known enough to choose April twentieth as his cover's birthday. Which meant his enemies knew his timeline.

Well, he'd always liked a challenge, and even in his current situation, lying drugged and immovable on his own bed, he could already see his eventual triumph. There was no possible alternative.

He was going to see to Parkhimself, kill her slowly, gut her and watch her bleed to death. Maybe have his lawyer watch as well, since she seemed far too distracted by her.

He'd had time to enjoy himself with her before it all came together. Maybe he'd even keep her around for a while-it as east enough to make a woman docile.
He should have known that a woman like Park was going to be troublesome. But it had been Kai's one mistake.

One that could easily be righted. As soon as he found someone to turn.

--

Little Fox Island could have been designed just to his specifications, Rosé thought a few hours later. The main villa was on a hill on the east side of the island, with a long, sloping path leading down to a pristine beach. The island was well out of the way of the way of the normal shopping lanes, with a dangerous riptide that discouraged all but the most foolish of tourists, and the treacherous wary took care if the rest. There were sharks as well-Rosé didn't know for certain but she expected Kai had had them brought in. As far as she knew, no one had manage to train sharks, but with Kai's limitless resources he'd doubtless found a way to keep them nearby to ward off unwanted visitors. It would put a damper on swimming on the ocean, but Kai had both traditional pool and a seawater tidal pool to make up for it. And it would keep interference at a minimum.