Step Family

A/N: Lesbian and non-binary reader! If you're not comfortable with that then skip ahead!
Bold= Korean
*I know hobi's sister name isn't Mijoon, it's just a fake name.
******************
"We're moving to Korea Ava!! Isn't that exciting." Ava dropped the fork in their hand, mouth hung ajar as they looked at their mother and her fiancé, "I'm sorry what?" Their heart sped up waiting for an answer, "well Chan got a job offer in his home country so he'll be moving with his kids back home." Confusion was clear on Ava's face, she didn't understand how that would affect their life. "Ok so how does that affect us?" Their mother—Macy—and Chan awkwardly glanced at each other before continuing, "Chan is leaving after the wedding and we'd leave after you finished this school year."

"Mom NO! We can't just move across the world. You're just uprooting our lives without considering my plans for the future! We can't even speak Korean" Ava stood from kitchen stool, steaming with anger. "Ava I know but this will be good for us. We'll both take lessons over the summer and your new school has a program for foreign students. And Chan's son will help you, please just try to think positively about this."

Chan felt the situation getting worse so he tried to help, "Ava it won't be so bad, you'll have fun in Korea. They have great colleges and institutions, it'll be fine." Ava quickly glared at Chan, making him feel uneasy. "Yeah easy for you to say you're not moving to a foreign country to live with strangers. Things couldn't be any better." Ava scoffed leaving the kitchen, going to their room.

::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::
The rest of the school year flew by, much to Ava's dismay. The mother-child duo had been taking Korean lessons just as promised so they wouldn't feel completely lost in their new environment. They were at an ok level, though not particularly confident in their abilities. Ava had a permanent frown on their face as they sat in the airplane seat. Macy was practically jumping from excitement beside her child.

She looked over seeing Ava sadly texting their best friend. Her smile faltered seeing her child wasn't as excited, "would you stop being so negative about this. We have a support system you'll be fine." Ava locked their phone, sighing heavily. "We're moving to a conservative, white skin obsessed country with a spy cam epidemic. What could go wrong." They faked excitement at the end of their sentence making their mother roll their eyes. "You'll finally have siblings, you won't be alone anymore."

Ava shook their head not satisfied, "I've hung out with Hoseok maybe three times, and I've never met Mijoon because she's already in college. I swear if they're homophobic I'll run away." Their mother tiredly laughed, "they're not homophobic they know about you."

"Great one less thing to worry about."
::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::

Ava and Macy walked off the airplane, going to collect their bags. After retrieving them they walked to the exits. Chan would be waiting there to drive them to the house. Macy spotted him first before she sped to him, lovingly kissing him. Ava slowed her past not wanting to go, she saw the stares she got already annoyed. "Ava c'mon Hoseok and Mijoon are excited to see you," Chan yelled full of excitement. Ava groaned speaking up.

The car ride was slightly awkward, the person in the backseat wasn't amused. Chan glanced in the rear view mirror, "so Ava anything you're excited to do in Korea."

"Nope."

"Are you thinking about going to university out here."

"Probably not. I'm thinking of going somewhere in Europe." The rest of the ride was silent, painfully silent. And Ava couldn't wait until they could get out the car.
::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::

Their new house was nice, it was on a concrete hill with traditional architectural styles. It was cute, but Ava wouldn't admit that, at least not now.

"Aww Ava this is nice!" Macy was gushing over the house, hugging Chan. "It's ok." Ava opened the door to see Hoseok and Mijoon under a sign 'Welcome Macy & Ava' and decorations. Ava appreciated the gesture but they weren't sold yet. "How was your flight," Mijoon excitedly asked, she was clearly happy about this situation. "It was fine, we slept the whole way." Ava kept quiet, her eyes were roaming the interior of the house.

"Well Ava, now you have an oppa and unnie! Isn't that great." Hoseok finally acknowledged the teenager, Ava cut their eyes at him. "Ha, never in a million years." Macy hit their shoulder, signifying to get it together. The atmosphere was stiff, very uncomfortable. Chan broke the silence first, "Joon why don't you show them your shared room. Help them get settled in."

"Huh shared room! Mom I-."

"Just go Ava, and behave."

Mijoon beckoned Ava, who dragged their feet to the room. Their room was also nice, enough room for the both of them. "Since I'm in college I probably won't be home that often, so you'll have the room to yourself most time." Ava understood most of the sentence, "ok thanks. The room is nice."

"If speaking in English makes you more comfortable we can do that as well." Ava relaxed and slightly smiled, "thanks, I'll most likely switch between the two." Mijoon and Ava talked while unpacking, they had good conversation. They were interrupted by Hoseok peeking his head through the door. "I want to talk to Ava real quick. It's about school."

Mijoon nodded and left the room, Hoseok sat on her bed facing Ava. "So uh, even though you're in a program we'll still have the same break times. Do you understand?" Ava nodded their head, which made Hoseok smile. It gave Ava comfort that he was helping with their Korean skills. "This is just a lot for me, I've moved to a foreign country and had to learn a new language in less than a year. I'm just kind of overwhelmed." Hoseok nodded sympathizing with Ava. "It's alright, this is a big change for anyone. We're all here to support you, especially me since I'm the best brother." Hoseok whispered the end for dramatic effect. Ava laughed before quickly covering it up.

"Let's hope I don't regret this."

__<__<__<__<__<__<__<__<__<
This has been in my drafts since May 2019💀
I hope you enjoyed this mess xisudh
I will make more parts so stay tuned
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays !!!!
Have a great day/night💖