chapter 6

Narrator's pov*

"I...I can't do it!"

"Of course you can," Spork encouraged, smiling as he watched Zim struggle. So adorable...

"Nng! I can't stretch that far!" Zim's face was a deep blue as he clenched his eyes shut, trying as hard as he could.

"Try harder, dear Zim. It'll be no fun if you give up now, when you're so close," Spork teased.

"Ah!" Zim flailed as he tripped, loosing his footing, trying not to knock over the tower they were working on. Even standing on the table they started it on, Zim couldn't place the next layer on it.

Spork moved quick, grabbing Zim from midair. He laughed, looking down at the Irken in his arms. "Are you alright?"

Zim nodded, smiling brightly. His body was tingling from the contact of Spork holding him so close. "Y-yes, I'm fine. I told you I couldn't reach that far," he replied, Spork setting him gently on his feet back on the table.

Spork smiled at Zim, the smaller one eye-level at the moment and Spork's hands remaining on Zim's petite hips. It was hard for the Taller to not touch the other. "Indeed you did," he chuckled. "Should I help you, then?"

Zim pouted playfully. "That completely defeats the purpose! It's supposed to be a competition,"

"We can call it a draw then," Spork concluded, not taking no for an answer. He lowered just enough to enclose his arms around Zim's thighs before picking up the Elite who squealed in surprise. "Go on. See if you can reach it now,"

Zim giggled at Spork's behavior and gave in, reaching one hand to set the small block into place, his other hand on Spork's bare shoulder, unknowingly making the Taller want to purr. "There!" Zim stated, happy with the conclusion.

"Nicely done," Spork complimented, setting Zim back on the table.

Zim blushed, looking away from Spork, who's face was so close to his own. "Thank you,"

"For what," Spork pressed, enjoying their position far too much.

"You know what," Zim responded, smiling shyly.

Spork couldn't help himself. He moved close, nuzzling lightly against Zim's covered neck while the other was still turned away, a small purr vibrating in his throat, letting his eyes slip shut. He could hear Zim gasp at the contact, but the pink-eyed one did nothing to reject it, both hands now on the Taller's shoulders.

Zim could feel the small vibrations tickling against his neck and it made him shiver, his eyes unfocusing ever so slightly. It was so pleasant...He had never heard such a sound being made, but the way it made him feel and they way Spork was relaxed, Zim knew it must be a good thing. He smiled and hesitantly rested his cheek on Spork's head.

Spork smiled even wider against him. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" He already knew the answer.

"N-no...I...I like it," Zim confessed.

Spork sighed happily, knowing he needed more self-control, but finding it difficult to care at the moment. "Oh, Zim...You have no idea how hard it is..."

"I'm sorry?" Zim perked, confused.

"I just don't want to scare you off," Spork explained. "You make me want to be reckless,"