chapter 10

yes, purple is clueless lol

Narrator's POV [yes I have to put this...helps me get started...]

He strode to the Pilot station as gracefully as he could manage, his thoughts muddling even more and more as he grew closer and closer to his destination, trying not to appear nerves else the other Elites would sense his fear and rip him apart. It didn't take as long as he'd hoped and he held back a groan. Not wanting to be questioned as to why he was standing akwardly outside the door, he strode in, quickly moving to reach his goal.

Taking a deep breath, he spoke. "Red?"

Red perked up, shaken from his boredom. Turning around, he was surprised to see Zim standing behind him. Breath was torn from him as he quickly stood, stunned. "Z-Zim...What are you doing here?"

"You said to look for you after I had thought about everything,"

"And?"

"Can you leave early? So we can talk?"

"Of course! But...don't you have training?"

"I was excused for the day," Without saying another word, Zim headed to the door, expecting Red to follow him.

Which he did. Red didn't see the odd look given to him from Skooge who was still seated at his simulation. He was too focused on catching up to Zim in the hallway. When he finally was walking in step with the smaller Irken, he looked to try and read the expression on Zim's face, a little nervous that it seemed...impassive... "So, Zim...What did you want to-"

"It's not okay to talk yet," Zim interupted, his voice soft but firm. "The cafeteria may have others...Purple is in training, and Spork may try to go to my room to see if I'm okay. We'll need to use your room. Is that alright with you?"

Red blushed lightly at the idea of Zim being in his chambers and had to clear his throat. "Y-yes...That should be fine..."

Zim nodded in confirmation. "Lead the way then,"

It took everything Red had not to pick Zim up so he could sprint to the room. Instead he went against every instinct to walk calmly, trying not to picture all sorts of vivid things he'd fantasized about countless times when alone.

It was a bitter triumph when the reached the room, Red punching in the code and then stepping aside to allow Zim to enter first. Zim muttered a small thank you before looking about and finally taking a seat on what he figured was Red's bed since the other had various bags of unopened snacks and such on it (obviously a small meal for later).

Red bit back a groan. Zim on his bed... "Um...So, now that...that no one can overhear us, what did you want to talk about?"

"Purple came to my room to wake me earlier," Zim began, still blank-faced. "He told me some things about you that I didn't bother knowing before..."

"O-oh?"

"And it made me feel...like I was unfair to you," Zim looked to the ground, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "Red...will you please sit down? You're making me nervous..."

"Yeah, sure..." Red moved to sit beside Zim, the other still not looking at him, but at least there was some sort of fimiliar expression on his face...even if it was a somewhat saddened one. "Zim...I don't want you to feel guilty,"