I

Malfoy Manor was different than I remembered, no longer was it a place where Draco and I could escape the confines of Hogwarts, it now served as the headquarters for Voldemort: every plan, every Death Eater, every meeting took place here.

To the Malfoy's, things probably seemed relatively the same, this was always their reality. But things were more serious now, the things we discussed had a heaviness to them. These weren't empty stories we were creating, these were plans, with dates and times.

This was real life. This was my real life.

****

I sit hand in hand with Draco, his back stiff against the large chair in his families home office. We're flanked by Narcissa and Lucius, both of their eyes rimmed with deep grey bags and crows feet from stress.

We were all meeting to discuss Harry Potter's most recent movements and how we planned to attack, kidnap and kill. The room was silent as we waited for everyone to arrive, Professor Snape's seat empty at the end of the table.

As much as I hated to admit it, I had become more familiar with the Death Eaters and their archaic ways of life. I no longer shivered in the corner while they spoke of chaos and havoc in the Wizarding World, instead listening and filing away.

Two of my previous plans had been successful, who's to say I couldn't pull off another one with the information I had access to.

I earned their respect as well, giving enough away that they believed I was working for them but withholding everything I needed to. Bellatrix was still weary of me, keeping me at a fair distance and eyeing me during discussions of heavy topics.

Draco tenses next to me as Professor Snape appears, slowly making his way up the steps and into the large room, commanding the attention of all.

Voldemort stands, "Severus... I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat. You bring news I trust?"

"It will happen Saturday next, at night fall." Snape says, his voice as light as a whisper.

"I heard differently, my lord," A Death Eater across the table perks up. "The Potter boy won't be moved till the 30th of this month, the day before his birthday"

"This is a false trail," Snape retorts. "The auror office no longer plays any role in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry."

"Well, they got that right," Someone jokes, the room erupting in laughter.

Ever since Dumbledore was killed, Voldemort has put most of his trust in Snape, making him his closest confidant. I understand now why Draco was the one tasked in the first place, whoever was successful in murdering the headmaster was on route to being the Dark Lord's second in command.

As awful as the Malfoy's appeared to Voldemort now, truthfully I was thankful Draco didn't go through with it. His mental state couldn't have handled killing his teacher than continuing on as if nothing had happened.

And eery silence falls over us once again as the Dark Lord studies the room, his narrowed gaze  falling on a thin bearded man. "What say you Pius?"

"One hears many things my lord," He says, shakily. "Whether the truth is among them is unclear."

"Spoken like a true politician," Voldemort retorts condescendingly. "You will, I think, prove most useful Pius. Where will he be taken, the boy?"

Snape interrupts, "To a safe house, most likely to the home of someone in the Order. I'm told it's been given every manner of protection possible."