XX

Hermione and Ron look at each other, both saying, "Yes."

Athena and Harry respond with a, "No."

I stay completely silent, my leg shaking nervously and my heart racing.

"I have it in here," Hermione says reaching into her purse and pulling out another book. "There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely winding road at twilight."

"Midnight. Mum always said midnight," Ron interjects.

I chuckle to ease my nerves, trying to act as normal as possible as I turn calmly to Athena, begging her with my eyes to leave. She squints in confusion, not understanding what I'm trying to warn her of.

Hermione shoots Ron a glare, still clearly not over the other nights events.

He looks to the ground stupidly, "But twilights fine... Better actually!"

"Would you like to read it?" Hermione asks with a bite.

"No... It's fine," Ron waves her off.

Hermione continues the story, the exact one I was told by Voldemort about my fathers wand. Mr. Lovegood stands as she talks, sipping his tea and absentmindedly wandering over to a window.

He stares outside, peaking around the corners as if he's awaiting the arrival of something, or someone. My heart aches for him as he searches for Luna, his missing daughter who won't return, at least not today.

Once his back is turned, I reach for Athena again, tugging on her shirt to take her attention away from the story.

"What?!" She mouths, a very that I'm interrupting.

I point to Mr. Lovegood behind her, still transfixed on the sky.

She sighs, "He's weird."

"No!" I mouth back, annoyance rising in me. "Luna."

She rolls her eyes, shrugging me off and going back to listening to Hermione. She continues to go through the story, the two brothers dying at the hand of the elder wand and resurrection stone.

I shudder as she mentions my fathers wand, could she possibly know I was lying to them? Would it all start to click in Hermione's brilliant mind that my father was one the last owners of one of the most powerful objects in the Wizarding World?

She must know that I was with Voldemort so he could find the wand, thus leading her to the fact that I lied when I first arrived at their camp.

My gut twists a I look back to Xenophilius, his eyes now darting between the 4 of us and back out the window. He wasn't looking for Luna, she had been gone for months, he knew where she was which means... This was another trap.

Hermione finishes the story, Harry and Athena enthralled.

"So there you are, those are the deathly hallows." Mr. Lovegood says from his position overlooking the grounds.

Harry furrows his brow, "I'm sorry sir... I still don't quite understand."

Mr. Lovegood shoots away, dashing past us and rummaging through a desk. "Uh... I'll have to get a proper pen... I need to get a pen..."