X

We apparate back to the manor, my stomach churning as the parlor spins. The once busy room is now completely empty, not a sound to be heard. My eyes scan for any sign that Draco is around but nothing jumps out, no steaming tea or half read book.

Shortly after my head stops pounding, Pettigrew appears with Ollivander, his wrists bleeding from chains they were stuck in.

My mouths hangs open as I stare in awe, his frail body too weak to make a sound as Peter hoists him up. We all stand in silence, a strange tension building between us as I regain my composure.

Narcissa and Lucius must here our entrance because they both come rushing down to aid, Narcissa running to me and Lucius to the Dark Lord.

"Are you alright dear?" She questions, although she seems to already know the answer.

I nod, "Yes. I'm fine, thank you."

"Was the mission successful, my Lord?" Lucius asks cautiously.

Voldemort sways his head to the fragile man beside me, "Not quite."

I lower my head, somehow the blame for Ollivanders silence falling to me.

"Take him back to the dungeons..." Voldemort orders, the small man dragging the wand maker across the carpet and down the hallway.

"My Lord," Lucius pipes up, almost as a question. "We have captured a member of the Order in your absence, she's in the dungeons as well."

Voldemort snakes his head around, a few bones eerily cracking as he takes in the new information. "Who?"

"Lovegood," Draco says from the corridor, my eyes perking up at the sound of his voice. "Luna Lovegood."

I can't help but smile as he steps in and takes the space next to his parents, a new confidence in him. He looks to me, my face a glow as we lock eyes for a moment, his gaze darting back quickly, expressionless.

I feel like the air is knocked out me, unable to pull in a breath as I realize something about him has changed while I was gone. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the man in front me right now? That was not the Draco I knew.

What happened within the last hour that made him this cold to me? He couldn't possibly be upset that I left with Voldemort? What choice did I have? If I refused, we would have both surely been killed.

The ringing in my ears subsides just in time to hear him speak again. "We have other news. The ministry was infiltrated, my Lord."

'My lord' sounds foreign in his mouth, like he's not longer forcing it.

"Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and..." he pauses. "Athena Jerickson have stolen a locket from Dolores Umbridge."

Another weight falls on my chest, this time with more force. I feel myself beginning to fall, the room evaporating into black spots as Athena's name floats around my mind.

**

I come to a few moments later, Draco and Narcissa above me, fanning my face.

"Sorry," I say instinctively, my fingers rubbing furiously on my temples. "Apparation always leaves me a little dizzy."

I sit up, scanning the room for Voldemort in fear of another scolding, but he's gone.  I close my eyes in relief, my head still spinning from the fall.

"I'll go get her some water Draco, stay here and make sure she's alright," Narcissa says, standing and shuffling out of the room toward the kitchen.

As soon as I can no longer hear the click of her heels, I embrace him in a tight hug. I nestle myself into the crook of his neck, his citrus shampoo bringing back to earth.

"What the hell was that all about?" I cry into his shoulder.

I feel him shake his head, "I'm sorry, my father... It doesn't matter now that you're here."

"Luna? And Athena!?" I sob, my tears staining his dark green shirt.

He shrugs, "I'm sorry, it's terrible, I know. I've been providing her with food and left over tea Mum makes. And as far as Athena, I don't know much yet. Just that the four of them were caught in the ministry."

"Caught?!" I shout, my eyes as wide as can be.

"No no!" He retracts. "They were almost caught, they escaped but... No one knows where they are now."

I nod, the information of the past 24 hours slowing beginning to seep in. "Maybe it's for the best that we don't know where they are."

He agree's, his brow furrowing as he looks away deep in thought.

"What's the matter?" I ask nervously.

He sighs, "Everett. You know how this is going to work right?"

I let out an anxious chuckle, "I mean, I think I do?"

"Either we catch them.

Or they catch us."

****