XIX

We turn in for the night, Harry warning me that we have a long day for traveling tomorrow. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stay asleep for more than an hour.

I had nightmares, waking up in a cold sweat, my breathing heavy. Athena and the others took turns keeping watch for snatchers, my eyes bolting open with every twig snap of their return.

I'm terrified by thoughts of what could happen if I were caught, one of Voldemort's most trusted allies on the run with his his most hated enemies.

On the other side, I was almost hoping we were found. I want to see the look on Draco's face when he saw me working against him with his biggest rivals. I wanted to watch him squirm as I cuddled up next to Ron or, even worse, Harry for protection.

My eyes feel heavy with sleep as the gut wrenching picture of Draco's blue eyes and sunken face watching me cling to Harry, puts me into a blissful slumber.

I awake to birds singing, Athenas snores nearly drowning them out and giving me a splitting headache.

The rest of the crew wakes and get changed, Hermione letting me borrow another sweater and Athena providing me with new pants. We pack everything up into Hermione's notice-me-not bag and start off through the woods again.

****

Harry, Hermione and I hang back while Ron and Athena take the lead up a large hill. My legs silently beg to stop but something told me we were almost there.

Athena turns around every so often to make sure we're still there, her warm smile comforting me as we go. Finally, we reach the peak, a dark wooden asymmetrical house standing in the distance.

Ron chuckles, "Luna."

"Luna," We respond in unison.

We trek the rest of the way, the details of the house becoming stranger as we get closer: Fruit hangs in the air, knickknacks fill the windows, and a kite flys from the top of the roof.

Ron laughs to himself as he crouches down to read a sign stuck lazily in the dirt. "Keep off the dirigible plums."

We all chuckle except for Hermione, who steps forward and knocks twice on the door. After a few seconds of what sounds like rummaging around, a white haired man appears. His door is split like a barn so he swings open the top but the bottom is left closed.

"What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" He says eyeing is suspiciously.

Harry steps forward, "Hello Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter, we met a few months ago."

Mr. Lovegood doesn't say anything, the same expression on his face.

"Could we come in?" Harry asks in a commanding tone, taking another step closer.

Me. Lovegood slams the door, followed by the sound of locks undoing themselves until the entire door bursts open, no one behind it.

Harry turns to us for advice but we all shrug, Athena motioning for Harry to enter. He sighs and steps inside, Ron and Athena following in after and then Hermione and I.

We stand for a minute, taking in the space and absorbing everything around us. Stacks of paper as tall as Ron are lined up on the wall, magazines called 'The Quibbler' are strung about the floors.

The house is round and home-y, exactly the type of place I could picture Luna living in. It was old fashioned and new age all at the same time, the perfect mix of eclectic aesthetics and modern touches.

"Up here," A voice says above us.

Harry goes to move first but Hermione stops him, "Remember Mrs. Bagshot?"

He nods, "Right... You go first."

They start up the stairs, Hermione concealing her wand as Athena follows behind Harry and I stay sandwiched between her and Ron.

"What happened with Mrs. Bagshot?" Ron asks.

Athena turns around with a smile, reaching her hand over me to pat him on the head. "Don't you worry your pretty little red head Ronald Weasley."

He shoots me a look but I shrug, there was really no way of getting Athena to talk once she made her mind up, and I certainly didn't have enough information to explain to him.

Once we've all made it upstairs, Mr. Lovegood brings us tea and we sit in a circle of comfy chairs around a fireplace.

The tension in the room is palatable, none of us sure how to begin the conversation. I go to take a sip of the boiling liquid but Athena bats my hand away.

She fakes a smile as if to say, 'Don't drink that! Who knows what this crazy man put in there!'

I nod, letting her understand that heard her loud and clear.

Finally, Hermione takes the plunge, "Where is Luna?"

"Luna?" Mr. Lovegood asks, the same look of suspicion from before in his eye. "Oh... She'll be along."

We all nod, the conversation Hermione started immediately shut down. My palms grow sweaty as my nerves increase, knowing Luna will in fact, not be joining us soon.

All of the sudden Mr. Lovegood perks up, "So, how can I help you Mr. Potter?

Harry gestures to us, "We uh- Well actually, it's about something you were wearing around your neck at the wedding. It was a symbol, I think."

He nods, reaching into his unbottoned shirt and pulling out a necklace. Sure enough it's the same symbol Dumbledore signed my fathers letter with.

"Do you mean this," He says, although it's not a question, he's knows that what we want.

Harry smiles, "Yes... Yes that's it exactly. What we all have been wondering is... What is it?"

"Well it's the sign of the deathly hallows of course," He says tucking the jewelry away.

I feel a chill run down my spin as the memories come flooding back. Of course, I should have guessed that Dumbledore would be speaking to my father in code about the wand.

"The what?" Everyone asks but me.

Mr. Lovegood produces an evil grin, "The deathly hallows, I assume you're all familiar with the tale of the three brothers."

****