○ 23 ○

A very sleepy Taehyung walked through the front doors of school- 20 minutes late. Oh well, he thought, it's not like the teacher noticed anyway.

As he walked towards his classroom door, he heard footsteps running towards him, and felt large muscular arms tighten around his waist.

"Taehyung..." a voice whispered with hot breath in his ear, "I was worried...w-where were you?"

It's only been 20 minutes, he wanted to say, but his suffocating heart didn't allow him to. Instead, he nudged the other off him and muttered, "get off me jungkook."

"w-why?" Jungkook asked confusedly, his arms still open, but now empty.

"why do you even care? it's none of your business." Taehyung spat.

"why wouldnt I care about you?" Jungkook asked quietly, stepping closer to Taehyung.

Taehyung gave him a glare that made jungkook trudge back a little, dropping his arms to the side.

"What did I do?" Jungkook muttered, staring at the ground.

Taehyung chuckled, "what did you do? you don't even know what you did? you are such an asshole, I don't even know why I even like you in the first place."

"you like me?" jungkook asked, looking up to make eye contact with the other.

"liked," taehyung corrected, "did you not hear what I just said?" he continued harshly.

"I don't understand..." Jungkook muttered.

"Of course you don't." Taehyung sighed, "well remember that kiss?"

Jungkook nodded, "well obviously you didn't like it or me since you just ran away- we should just forget about it since you already did."

"I didn't forget Taehyung..." Taehyung started, "I thought it was just a dare-"

"It wasn't just a dare for me." Taehyung interrupted, "I dared you to kiss me because I liked you jungkook."

"ohhh" jungkook said, his face lighting up.

"yeah..." taehyung muttered in confusion, "why are you smiling?"

Jungkook walked closer to him and lifted his hands to cup the others face, "because I like you too idiot."

Jungkook moved his face closer to Taehyung's, but Taehyung shoved him back. "woah-wait what the fuck?"

"what?" Jungkook asked, dropping his arms to his sides again.

"After the kiss- you left me Jungkook. Do you know how much that hurt? And now you want to waltz in here and claim that you like me too? That's absolute bullshit."

"I left you for a reason Taehyung. It wasn't to hurt you, i'm sorry- I just didn't know what to do. I've been waiting so long to kiss you, but I thought it was all just a dare to you so I was embarrassed and left." Jungkook said, hoping for Taehyung to forgive him. He wanted to kiss him again, and many more times too.

"well why didn't you just say that..." Taehyung said, looking at his feet.

"I didn't know you would be such a drama queen." Jungkook chuckled, walking up to Taehyung and embracing him in a tight hug.

○  ○  ○

Taehyung and Jungkook walked to their class 10 minutes later after the hall monitor yelled at them for making out in the hallway. Hands intertwined, lips red, the two walked into first period nearly 40 minutes late, and the teacher stopped talking and watched them walk to their seat in annoyance. They sat at the table where Jimin was sitting alone, with his head tucked into his arms on the desk. Taehyung and Jungkook shared a look of worry and moved on both sides of the other.