23 °˖✧ Buttermilk ✧˖°

═══════════════
Buttermilk slips out of her tongue as she calls his name, the only thing she loves doing.
═══════════════

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

“Jungkook, are you not scared?” Elara asked as the both rummaged around the forest scouting food.

“Why would I be scared?”

“Haven't you heard about the tales that are famous about this forest?”
Jungkook shook his face.

“Tales about the female spirits who haunt this forest in search of a man. They marry them then make him a ghost like themselves.”

Did I really choose this forest to stay? Im an idiot wow. He thought.

“I don't believe in shit.” Trying to waver off the tention that she build.

“I didn't too until… My aunt who visited here once told me about it and.." Elara was playing pretty well.

“Then you should be scared too.” he smiled, relieved.

“Why would I be? I'm trapped here because of you and you don't know how much I want to kill you but that's okay those spirits would do that,” she placed a hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook watched her closely and felt unable to consume what went through his head.
He stood there, still trying to contemplate what she had said, when felt himself standing alone. He caught up to her speed, holding her hand, “Can you just walk beside me and not walk past me? Please! I'll..” he paused. “I'll treat you an expensive buffet once we're back.”

Elara laughed at how cute his scared voice had been.

Picking up some strawberries and raspberries, both of them came back to their place and sat on the piles of lofty grasses. While Jungkook munched on more of it, he looked around his sides when ever he sensed a voice or a movement. His eyes traveled in search for Elara but found a lady with hair sprawled on entire face. Shit-

He stood up and screamed as he attacked the lady with a strawberry.
“Go away bitch! I'M NEVER MARRYING A GHOST.”

Elara straightend her hair, “Jungkook you stupid? Why would you hit me like that? And ghost?” Elara then laughed and kept laughing. “I was just adjusting my hair.”

I don't care if I was just scared a while ago but can I just kiss her? It's actually rare when she laughs and when she does, I just want everything to stop and keep kissing her. He thought.

“Jungkook?” she pinched his cheeks.
"I'm glad you're alive and it wasn't a ghost."

✦✧✦✧

“Don't worry, This place is safe, but if you feel uncertain I'm always here.” Typical Jungkook winked at her.

Sleep had already skimmed Elara's eyes as she lay there peacefully. But Jungkook couldn't sleep, with the thought of Elara being with him for the last night or maybe those female ghosts? He wasn't sure.

I really can't sleep here alone. He immediately shifted beside her and didn't close his eyes in attempt for a dream. Why would he? When his dream was laying right next to him.

His eyes pondered at her face, at her delicate lips and soft cheeks. Even though it was dark, he could still make out her subtle features and didn't even realize when his fingers had started smoothering her cheek. Lightly, his fingers rambled across her nose, her lips and everywhere it could. Just wanting to take her in his arms forever. Jungkook held her hand and interweaved it with hers.
Is she awake? Did she just let me hold her hand? She's deep asleep maybe.
She's probably gonna kill me right here if she gets to know.

✦✧✦✧

Morning had swept the forest and Elara was glad it had. She hasn't slept, even if she wanted to. This place was risky and she wanted to get back alive.

I know Jungkook what you did last night.
As she watched him in a white vest, a little dirtied from the splotches where he slept, gazing at the sunrise.

She was awake, and the episodes of last night washed over her. How his fingers kept trailing along her jawline and lips. And how he interweaved his hand with hers. She knew she could have shoved him off but she liked it. Last night, she had come through the kind of Jungkook he had been hiding, the feelings he had been concealing and about the feelings she now knows about herself.
The reason was crystal clear of why she hadn't detached her hand from his.

She took a short glimpse of the sky and witnessed the stars still trying to breathe just how her own feelings were trying to breathe last night. Ah.

Elara sat next to Jungkook.
“That's what you look like in the morning. Ugly. Ahaan." he commented, not matching eyes with her.

“Mind having a look at your greasy hair?” she giggled.

He didn't know whether it was her response or her cute face making him smile. The both let the silence sink in, as the melodies of the birds flowed the land.

“Since you keep staring at my shoulders, the answer is yes. I won't mind.” I'd love it. Jungkook offered.

Was I that obvious? Shit-
Her mouth pulled agape, wanting to defend herself but felt defeated. Why would she fight over something when it's hundred percent right. Yes, she wants to lean on him and she wants to have that feeling each morning.

For several minutes she kept fighting the urge to wrap hands around his arm but it didn't seem feasible. As she layed her head on his shoulder it felt everything. A series of summer nights, morning drizzle, warm beach, honeyed taste brushed over her. She couldn't think straight. This seemed right and everything else wrong.

“Hang in here for me, yeah? I'll get you something to eat.” Jungkook's voice emerged.

Don't you dare leave me alone, I'll kill you-

“I'll be back, soon.” taking her face in his hands, he said, “I promise.”

Her heart has just attempted to kick out of her ribs, she was sure of. The calmness in his eyes had never been there. Something so promising swimming in his eyes, Elara wanted to drown into.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Get ready for some plot twists with the next update as things will happen speedily from now on :'))
Thankyou oml