un

bambi sat on her bed, looking out the open window, listening to the birds chirping and waiting for her best friend to get to her house.

her kitten jumped onto her bed and into her lap, purring as soon as bambi started petting her.

"hey, bam." bambi jumped at the sound of her best friend's voice and turned to her bedroom door.

"i was just looking out the window, when did you get here?"

"i was talking to your mama for a little bit." marcie sat next to bambi on her bed and pet king in bambi's lap. "she said there are people coming over tonight."

bambi sort of remembered her mom mentioning that their new neighbors would be coming over for dinner. she was a bit nervous because apparently they had a teenage daughter and bambi always got shy around pretty girls.

"have you talked to yumi?" bambi asked her best friend who blushed upon hearing the name of her crush even if said girl was part of their friend group.

"shut up, we're not talking about her."

bambi knew that yumi liked marcie back and had even told marcie but she was too shy to do anything about it.

bambi pouted but turned back to her window. marcie moved closer and grabbed king out of bambi's lap.

"are you staying for dinner?" bambi asked, laying down and putting her feet in marcie's lap.

"no, i'll stay until your neighbors get here, though." marcie moved bambi's legs so she could lay down next to the girl. "what have you done today?"

"not that much. i went on a walk earlier and took a nap when i got home."

"that's good." marcie set king between herself and bambi but took him back when latte laid on top of bambi.

they laid on the bed together until bambi's mom yelled for the girls from downstairs.

marcie left before bambi's mom could introduce her to the neighbors standing in the living room. she gave bambi and hug and kissed the top of her head before leaving.

bambi, who had brought latte downstairs with her, pet her cat while her mom introduced her to the neighbors.

"this is bambi and one of her cats latte."

"oh jaeeun loves cats," the older lady said, gesturing to the intimidating girl next to her.

"i have three more," bambi told them softly, looking around the room for her other cats. she knew king was asleep on her bed but she hadn't seen pudding or cupcake most of the day. "i don't know where they are."

"why don't you take them to the back and i'll be out there in a second?" bambi's mom asked and took latte out of bambi's arms and set him down.

bambi walked past them and told them they could follow her to their backyard. she sat in one of their chairs, putting her feet up first.

"jaeeun, why don't you stay here and talk to bambi? we have to run back and get the food we made," jaeeun's mom said, pulling her husband with her back into the house.

"hi, i'm bambi," she said shyly, getting a chance to look at jaeeun's outfit.

"jaeeun."

"i like your outfit." the way jaeeun's all black outfit contrasted bambi's baby pink outfit made jaeeun smile.

"thanks. you're cute. so is your outfit."

bambi blushed and looked down, beginning to play with the end of her skirt. bambi has always been bad at taking compliments but it was especially difficult when it was coming from such a pretty girl out of no where.

the three parents walked outside with food and set in on the table. bambi got up from her seat to let one of the adults sit down and ended up in the seat next to jaeeun.

"so, bambi, maybe you can show jaeeun around some day this week. maybe take marcie with you guys," bambi mom suggested, which jaeeun's parents seemed to agree with.

bambi said okay and that she would talk to marcie about it. even though jaeeun seemed nice, bambi was always nervous around anyone new so she wanted her best friend around.