huit

bambi sat on her bed, cupcake curled up in her lap, as she looked out the window and saw jinjoo walking up to the house. she knew jinjoo would just walk in and up to her room so she didn't bother getting up.

bambi smiled at jinjoo as she sat down on the other side of the bed.

"no one told me you were coming back," bambi told jinjoo, wondering if she had thought she already knew.

"i wanted to surprise you. i didn't think you would have a girlfriend."

"me neither but jaeeun moved in next door and i really like her. she's really sweet and makes me really happy."

"do you want to go to the library?" jinjoo asked suddenly, making bambi's heart speed up.

the amount of dates they'd gone on to the library were too many to count. they'd pick out books for each other and cuddled on one of the bean bags that the library had and read together. bambi hadn't even liked to read before she started dating jinjoo but she loved their dates.

bambi agreed, taking cupcake off her lap and walking to her closet to get some clothes. she put one some comfy clothes and got ready to leave the jinjoo. she wasn't wearing her contacts so she slipped on a pair of glasses.

she didn't even realize they were the round pair of glasses that jinjoo always loved when she wore them. she didn't notice the way jinjoo stared at her before finally standing up from the bed and walking downstairs behind bambi.

bambi should have known that doing something she used to do in dates with jinjoo was a bad idea but she didn't even think about it. she missed jinjoo for the almost eight months that she'd been gone but it didn't mean she wanted to be with her again... maybe.

bambi loved jinjoo. she was her first girlfriend and the first person she ever romantically loved. they had only broken up because jinjoo moved away and neither could handle a long distance relationship.

while they were sitting on the large beanbag together, bambi got a call from jaeeun.

"hi, jaejae," bambi said quietly since she didn't leave her seat to answer her phone. she still got jinjoo's attention but didn't notice the elder close her book, using his finger as a place holder.

"hi, doll, is jinjoo still at your place?"

"oh, me and her went to the library. we're just reading."

bambi had told jaeeun about her and jinjoo's old dates so hearing that bambi was hanging out with her ex girlfriend at a place where they had had plenty of dates, she was a bit worried.

"okay, doll, call me when you get home. i'll talk to you later."

"okay, bye, jaejae." bambi hung up. "how long are you going to be here?"

"a month. can i tell you something, bammie?" bambi nodded, a bit nervous. she pushed her glasses up her nose to do something with her hands while she waited for jinjoo to say something. "i really miss you and i was really disappointed when i found out you have a girlfriend. but i'm so glad that you're happy. and i don't know what i expected, i'll only be here for a month."

"jinjoo, i- can we go to our spot?" jinjoo nodded, standing and helping bambi up.

it didn't take long to get to their spot. they had found it once when they were leaving the library. it was by a little pond. a tiny clear spot, just a few feet, surrounded by trees.

"i missed you for so long and seeing you is... it's crazy." bambi wiped her tears as she started to cry. "but i really like jaeeun but i still love you. i don't know how to feel, jin."

"i didn't want to make you upset, bammie. jaeeun seems really good for you but i don't know i we can be around each other because i don't know how to see you without wanting to kiss you and cuddle with you because you're still so amazing and i still love you."

bambi laid her head on jinjoo's shoulder, tears now falling down both of their cheeks.

"you said the same thing jaeeun said when she asked me to be her girlfriend. that you want to kiss and cuddle me."

"that's how you know we're telling the truth. i couldn't help but be jealous of jaeeun yesterday. she got to hold you and kiss you and i just had to sit there and watch. and when i got home, i knew if i hadn't had left, we would have gone back to my house and taken a shower together, and cuddled all night because you eat so tired after you swim because you never just stop and sit down."

bambi loved being with jinjoo, the one who knew her like the back of her hand.

"have you been here since i left?"

"i tried but i couldn't stop crying," bambi admitted, throwing a stick into the water right in front of them. "i love you, jinjin."

"i love you, bam. i think i always will."

//
i really love mark he obviously is so thankful for ahgases and i feel very bad for him about what has happened recently anyway i'd like to hug mark and tell him how many people love him and will support him 💕