X gene 2

"Hi I'm peter" he stuck out his hand for the two adults to shake.

"Well hello Peter, I'm Steve and this here is Tony stark. (You know who he is right?)" Steve whispered the last bit as he kneeled down to Peter's level.

Peter looked up to stark the smile on his face but his eyes showed everyone he had no clue who this man was. He looked back at Steve and shook his head.

"Nope" he popped the "p" "I'm Peter who are you?" Peter asked the man.

"I am Tony stark" the name did sound familiar. Maybe hes heard it on the TV in the play room.

"Pleasure to meet both of you" Peter mumbled so kindly. Now Tony bent down to ask what he was playing with. Peter's face turned red.

'What will happen when they find out I'm a freak'

"Uhm" he showed them the toy and the man named Tony laughed. "Iron man"

"Can I see?" Tony asked. Peter nodded and hoped that it would unstick. And as if by magic it unstuck.

"You know I heard that iron man is a pretty cool dude" Tony said. Peter nodded quickly his smile getting bigger " I wish to meet him one day, maybe he'll help me understand why I am the way I am" his words were staggered and broken apart and he spoke fast but nevertheless they understood him.

After a bit of chit chat between the two adults and child Tony asked the main question.

"So little one, how would you like to be our son?" Tony asked poking Peter's nose.

Peter sat in thought. "Well at first I thought it was weird, I thought I'm supposed to have a mommy and daddy"

"But I realized any kind of family is better than no family. Plus you guys seem pretty neat" Peter smiled and hugged them on arm going around each necks. They hugged him back, as if on cue the girl came back with the adoption papers. They quickly signed and left with an over joyed Peter walking in between the two.

"ice cream?" Tony asked. God hes such a softie when kids become involved.

Peter nodded frantically and ran to the parking lot stopping when he realized he didnt know what their car looked like. He frowned and turned to look at them. "Which one?" He questioned them. Steve pointed and pressed the lock button so the car would make a noise. The smile came back on Peter's face and he bolted for it. Steve unlocked the car before he made it so he can just climb on in.

Few days later

Having Peter around was amazing. The mood in the penthouse changed drastically. Peter was the center of attention, not that he minded though. He LOVED it.

Just a couple of things though. Strange spiderwebs kept showing up in weird places. Not where they usually would be.

Mainly in Peter's room too. On peters things, toys, on Peter's doorknob, Peter's clothes on the ceiling spiderwebs hung down like streamers. There were some in the kitchen. Like the counter and chairs and some dishes. On the couches and and even the remote.

And like mrs. Brown said. Things seemed to be going missing lately. Tonys favorite coffee cup. Headphones. Spare tablet Tony had let him use once.

"Peter!" Tony called he sat next to Steve they both had their disappointed parent face on.

"Comimg!" Peter said quickly waving his hand to get the plastic cup off of his hand.

Once off he stuck it under his bed and ran outside.

"Yes dads?" He plopped on the couch with a smile.

His smile does down when he saw their faces. 'Oh no they know. I'm gonna go back' he slouched and his face go red holding in his tears.

"I'm SORRY I DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT" he screamed, his cries just came bursting out and he ran to them hugging Tony and hiding his face into Tony's body.

Tony looked at Steve. "Petey" Steve pulled Peter out of Tony and gave him a questioning look.

"What can't you control" Steve asked. "Uhhhh" Peter sighed. "Follow me"

They nodded and followed Peter to his room. He got on his knees and stuck his head under his bed. He sighed, pausing. Did he really want to do this. Well yes and no.

Yes because finally someone will know and who better to know than a genius and someone that was made and stuck in ice and is technically 100 years old.

No because what if they dont understand and they kick him out and hes back in that cursed orphanage alone with no on to count on to laugh with and barely anything to eat.

Tony saw this pause and spoke up. "Bud whatever it is just know we'll love you no matter what, its okay"

He took his arm and swiped all the missing objects and pushed them out from under the bed. Out comes coffee cups his baby cups remotes chargers the tablet and headphones.

"What's all of this?" Steve asked wondering if he had a good explanation. By now they were both squatting on their knees to reach Peters level. "I TOLD YOU I CANT CONTROL IT" he cries again.

"Things I grab just stick to me and once I finally get it off theres just goo all over it." He looked down and grabbed a plastic cup. When he tried to let go as he said it wouldnt budge. He began to wiggle his arm violently and he flung off to the ceiling and next you know it was webbed to the ceiling. "SEE THAT CAME OUT OF ME."

"My wrists always itch but when I itch them I start hanging from the ceiling"

He itches his wrist but instead of aiming for the wall the web hit Steve in the face. "SORRY" he whined and he pulled his hand back trying to release but it didnt and Steve fell forward. Tony caught him and ripped the web. "Dont worry itll be gone within a few hours." The little boy said.

"LOOOOK" Peter walked to the wall and slapped his hands on the wall. He started to climb but remembered he didnt know how to release. "GUYS IM STUCK" He panicked. Tony pulled his down and he started crying again.

"Somethings wrong with me. WHY CANT I BE A NORMAL BOY??" he ran to his bed.