42.

Chelsea

Chelsea

I smiled as my family scattered around having a good time and enjoying themselves .

In less than a week I was finally leaving for college . One part of me was excited but the other part of me wasn't ready at all . I knew I had no choice but to suck it up though and take advantage of the few days I had left here in Baton Rogue .

My mom had decided to throw a barbeque inviting our relatives and my friends as well as hers . It took me by surprise to actually see my family come out and take that long drive here .

Unlike everyone else I was dressed into something more comfortable ; a Champion white tee with the matching grey sweats and slides . My natural hair was pulled back into a bun as well .

"Girl I be missing the hell outta you." Nicky huffed as she watched me refill the cooler with ice for the sodas and juices .

"I miss you too." I smiled. "It been kind of dull without you around."

"Yeah well know look at chu'." She nudged me. "Finna go to college and live yo' best life."

"Nah , I'm just there to do what I gotta do. Allat extra shit I have no time for." I said

She pursed her lips to the side as she looked at me.

"You sayin' that na'. College is way better than highschool . You got way more freedom. Besides you need to loosen up and have fun." Nicky shrugged her shoulders .

"Yeah , maybe you right."

"It's kind of awkward being around you know who . I wanna speak but I don't think he wants nothing to do with me." Nicky bit the inside of her cheek .

I already knew she was referring to Beenie who was in the backyard with the rest of the gang .

"Let's be real , he has every right to not want to have nothing to do with you let along not speak to you ." I looked at her.

"Yeah , I know." She sighed in frustration . "Lemme go help ma' grill these hamburgers."

Just as she left out the kitchen and made her way outside , Kentrell made his way inside .

"You still up doing shit . You need ta' sit down and rest." Kentrell said to me .

He opened the cabinet and grabbed the bag of plastic plates .