"I says."

Max

I paced the floor as my father looked at me from my couch, luckily the camera crews had yet to arrive, "you gotta go, dad, you're cramping my style."

"What even does that mean?" He asked as he flipped through channels on my phone, "your new friends will love me."

I shook my head as endless scenarios filled my head, "as true as they may be dad, this is an office only party, and you are not office enough." I told him as I rolled my neck and shrugging at the old man.

"Who says?"

"Me dad," I told him as my pacing finally stopped, pointing at myself. "I says." Before he replied the doorbell rang, I looked at my watch. 6:02, showtime.

I looked at my father before shaking my head, he was staying, I guess. "Hi, Pam!" I said happily as I saw my new friend at my door, the camera crew behind her. "Come in, come in." Pam walked inside, looking around.

"This place is... amazing." She said to me while looking at the pictures on my walls.

"Would you believe me if I told you that she took all of these herself?" My dad asked from behind us and putting his arms around my shoulders proudly.

"Pam, meet my dad. Dad this is Pam and camera crew." I said as everyone either nodded heads, shook hands or hugged.

"What you got there?" My dad asked her, looking at her full arms. She had a few grocery bags of chips and uncooked hot-dogs and buns. "Let me take these from you, and I'll go get the grill ready."

"Thanks, daddy," I said to him as he left the room with the items, "and thank you for coming, seriously," I told her as the doorbell rung again. "I'll get it."

"You can never be too careful with snacks," Pam said, smiling brightly as she took her jacket off and hung it up on the rack.

"You are correct," I told her as I opened the door to an unpleasant surprise.

_

"I knew I should've uninvited him," I said into the camera.

_

I groaned as I looked at the two men outside of my house, "Dude, I told you this was a sober party," I told the two idiots. "Hi Dwight, Michael. Come in."

"Wow, this party is boring-" Michael laughed, looking at the almost empty kitchen.

"Yet you are still here," my father said as he popped his head in.

"Well, it kind of just started-" Pam mumbled, defending it also.

I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger, "look, if you have a problem, I will happily show you both the exit. So, either get over it or get out, okay?"

He stared at me as the smile left his face before quickly appearing again, "we can spice the party up-" Michael gave the bottles of alcohol to me.

"You're right!" I said excitedly before rushing to my sink and pouring them down the drain. Michael and Dwight's groans were like music to my ears. "When I say sober party, I mean it."

_

"I think I handled that pretty well," I shrugged.

"It was like a movie," Pam said from beside me.

_

I mingled with my co-workers as more people showed up, for the most part, everyone who RSVPed was he... except for Jim. I guess it bothered me little, I don't know if it was the fact that he told me he would be here or the fact that I wanted to see him. Not gonna lie, he is definitely eye candy. A tall glass of whole milk if you will.