"You are an evil girl."

3rd Person

Max wiped her face for the final time, throwing the empty tub of ice cream in the trash, she wasn't going to let this tear her apart no matter how scared she was

Max wiped her face for the final time, throwing the empty tub of ice cream in the trash, she wasn't going to let this tear her apart no matter how scared she was. The memories of her first daughter Eliana kept pouring into her mind, causing her to cry even more. The doctors where shocked that she was correct about her diagnoses and gave her multiple pamphlets on what options were available to her, but she knew what her decisions were before she knew she was pregnant.

She was keeping it.

She dropped her head her hands, trying to not let the guilt consume her. She took a deep breath before grabbing some PJ's and walking to the bathroom, she needed a nice, long bubble bath. After talking to her father a few hours ago, she'd turned her phone off and was contemplating on calling in tomorrow but with the new baby coming, she knew she needed the money now more than ever. Another obstacle that she had to face one day in the future is telling the father that he had a kid on the way.

Just as she was about to dip her toes into the tub, the doorbell rung throughout the house. She signed, grabbing her bathrobe and walking to her front door; she didn't have the time nor patience for the idiocy. "Who is it?" she asked, looking through the peephole, before they could answer, she opened the door. "Jim?" she asked confused.

He looked at her sheepishly, pushing his hair out of his eyes, "hey," he said, his tone unsure, "you weren't answering my texts, so I was worried about you."

She let a breathed before opening her door more, "sorry about that, I turned my phone off. Come in." she told him before walking into the living room and sitting down, "what's up?"

He looked at my robe before speaking, "I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

She shrugged, "I was just about the bathe." She said to him, the hopelessness she'd been feeling earlier slowly disappearing.

"I can leave," he told her standing up, his heart was racing a little faster, he felt like he was intruding on her and he didn't want the girl he liked to be turned off of him.

"Please don't," she said to him, maybe, just maybe she didn't want to be alone at this time, "you can stay." She stopped him, grabbing his wrist.

He smiled at her and she couldn't take her eyes off of his lips, they looked more welcoming than usual, "how about you go take that bath and I make us something to eat." He asked Max. 

She sniffed ever so lightly and could fill the tears trying to come out, but she pushed them back, "really?" she asked, her voice cracking in a sort of beautiful way, one that would make the angels smile.

"Really." Jim told her, bring her closer to him, "just bathe and hopefully by the time you get out, food will be ready." He said his voice in a low whisper, one filled with love. He leaned down and kissed her forehead lightly like a scene from a movie. "Better go before the water gets cold."