"A baby."

3rd

Max looked at herself in the mirror, her mouth hanging as she looked down at her stomach

Max looked at herself in the mirror, her mouth hanging as she looked down at her stomach. Yesterday, there was only a slight bump—barely noticeable, but today she looked like she was 8 months pregnant instead of 5 ½ like she was, "fucking hell, how am I supposed to hide this?" she asked, rubbing her bare belly.

"You're not," her brother told her, kicking the box with her kitchen supplies around.

"Shut up!" she screeched, her mind racing with possible lies she could come up with, "I, I need to go get ready!" she said finally, praying that she had maternity clothing from her last pregnancy somewhere because she knew that nothing else would work...not anymore.
_

"I am gonna do it," Max said pacing the confessional room, her hands clasped tightly together, "a big announcement is coming your way, boys!" she told the crew, while another camera zoomed in on Jim, his eyes never leaving her.

_

Max's hands started to sweat profusely as she looked at the scale, the timing could not be more perfect or scary, but she had to do it or she never would, "here we go, everybody on!" Michael said, ushering everyone on.

Wait!" she yelled, before quickly covering her mouth, gaining the eyes of the office, "I, I, uhm, have an announcement." She said out of breath, her heart thumping in her chest.

"Are you okay, Maxine?" Angela asked, worried for her and the baby.

She nodded, taking in breaths like she was taught in the birthing classes, "I'm great, I just wanted to say that the scales are changing,"

"I lost 4 pounds," Stanley mumbled.

"I was on an IV for days," Kelly said in protest.

"It's not because of you guys," she said, trying to formulate the right words, "it's because of me, I've been gaining w-weight." She stuttered, swallowing hard as everyone stared in confusion, "because—well, I think I'll just show you." She told her co-workers, her eyes only on the person that helped create her weight gain as she unbuttoned her large coat and revealed her round belly; a chorus of gasp surrounding.

Jim's jaw dropped; his eyes glazed as he felt himself become lightheaded.

"Your—" Michael said, his eyes wet.

"Pregnant," she said, completing his sentence as she proudly rubbed her stomach, the Pari much more active today.

"Our baby is havin' a baby!"

_

Once Max revealed her big secret, she was escorted back into the office as everyone stared at her belly in awe, "how far along are you?" Kelly asked, mesmerized at her friend and her blossoming belly.

Max laughed nervously, her hand caressing Pari, "about 6 months," she told them, a chorus of awe's following.

_