06 - Cherry Red

Stephen
3. 2. 1.
The bell finally rings, after an eternity of listening to Ms. Carter. She's a nice teacher, too bad she teaches the worst subject. Steve always says it's creepy that her husband has the exact same name as him, and looks exactly like him except super swol. Steven Rogers is a common name, it's not that weird.

All the other students and I sprint to the cafeteria, trampling over the lady telling us to walk. Why do they try and stop us?

I get to the table and slam my lunchbox on the table, being the extra bitch I am. "Hi, SiStErs!"

"Um, excuse me, didn't you hear? It's bye sisters now." Loki sasses, being the all-knowing being of the table.

"Can we please talk about something other than James Charles?" Clint groans, his mouth half stuffed with PB and J.

"Yeah! You could tell us about your date with Pietro..." Nat smirks. Who knew there could be so much evil in one smile?

"Yeeeeaaaahhh, how'd it go?" Bucky wants the tea, and he wants it now.

"Where's! The MF! Tea!" Steve exclaims, with a perfect impression of the meme.

"Oh god, can that meme just be erased from everyone's heads." Clint sipped his iced coffee before sighing. "The races were cool, Pietro won every one of them."

"Well, duh, we want the tea, sist-" Loki shoots a glare at me before I finish the sentence.

"wELL nOtHiNg InTerEsTiNg hApPeNeD!" Clint exclaims. Natasha makes a dramatic gasp, causing all eyes to go to her instead of Clint.

"Clint."

"Tasha, no."

"Is that a hickey?" She smirks, causing Clint to go bright red. The whole table gasps, trying to get a look at Clint's neck.

"SAM, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DISCOVERY, WHY AREN'T YOU EXCITED?" Bucky complains.

"MY MOM WILL YELL AT ME IF I DON'T FINISH MY LUNCH," Sam shouts back. Valid point, Sam's mom could beat the shit out of us if she wanted to.

"Is this why you borrowed my makeup?" Nat sighs. "You could have at least told me, I would have helped you cover it up better."

"James Charles didn't explain which one was the foundation and I got confused on the first step." Clint pouts. "Actually, I got confused when he said 'Hi Sisters' because I am male."

"Well, it's bye sister now, so..." Loki adds, wanting the whole conversation to just be about James and Tati. "WAIT, DID YOU AND PIETRO-"

"NO!" Clint exclaims. "EW."

"So, you just really heavily made out."

"It's not my fault he's hot." Clint sighs, while Natasha attempts to add more make-up to his neck.

"He better treat you well or he getting a knife to the throat."

"TASHA, I SAID NO THREATS."

"Wait...." Nat turns to look at me.

"Hmm?" I eat my leftover spaghetti as she examines my arms, which were visible since I rolled up my sleeves. She lets out another dramatic gasp. "What is it?"

She grabs my wrist and turns it examining my soul mark. Wait... oh no. She raises my arm in the air, as she did with Clint.

"WE HAVE FOUND ANOTHER." The newly colored, cherry red square on my wrist caused the table to gasp excessively.

"Wow! Stephen who is he?" Clint asks.

"Uh..." I start, before being cut off. 

"Why assumes it's a he, could be a girl." Bucky snaps back, attempting to one-up Clint in any way possible.

"Well, if you knew Wizard as well as I do you would know that he belongs with the gays."

"Fuck off." Bucky crosses his arms.

"WATCH YOUR PROFANITY," Steve screams, causing us all to go silent. One of these days they're gonna kick us out of the cafeteria.

"Who is it, Wizard???" Natasha groans, trying to match the color to someone.

I move my wrist from her grasp, finally getting to see the cherry red square on my wrist. I found my soulmate, but I don't remember meeting them?

"I-I don't know." I stutter, causing Clint, Loki, and Bucky to groan. At this point, Steve and Sam didn't care about the whole soulmate thing, as it seemed to happen every week. 

"How could you not know?" I shrug at Loki's question.

"I don't really care about soulmates, so I never check my soul mark." 

"uGH. I need someone to ship Stephen with!" Clint waves his arms in the air frantically. "I used to ship him with Christine until I found out he was gay, and now I don't have any options!"

"You could always just not ship me with anyone," I point out, causing Clint to ponder. 

"That's no fun, tho," Clint turns to look at the clock. "Oh shit, we have three minutes left."

"Language," Steve mutters as we all start stuffing our faces with the food we barely ate. 

"Oh, did I tell you guys about the foster kid at my house?" I ask with a spaghetti stuffed mouth.

"WHAT, NO." Bucky starts but is interrupted by loud ringing.

"Well see you guys later!" 

"YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TELLS US ABOUT THESE IMPORTANT THINGS, WIZARD," Clint shouts before being lost in the sea of students. 

- - -

"Hello? Anyone home?" I shout, only to hear my words echo through the house. Tony should be here, right? 

I notice some type of music coming from the backyard. What the hell? I walk over to see all the speakers moved to the backyard blasting Old Town Road, while Tony and Bruce are extremely focused on some kind of project.

"So, I see you've met Bruce." Tony jumps, finally noticing my presence. Bruce smiles warmly, looking up from whatever they were doing. 

"Hi, Stephen!" He greets before he and Tony go back to being totally invested in their project. I smile and head back into the house. How did I not see that friendship coming?

- - -