31 - Track Meet

A/N: This is another one of those fancy-schmancy re-writes cuz I hate how I wrote the original. Oof, this mean y'all gotta wait longer for the reveal, sorry folks. At least you don't have to read that original chapter 31 trash.

- - -

Tony

"Shit!" I curse as the coach announces the third race of the meet, the 100-meter relay, which was Pietro's first race.

 The fourth race, aka the 200 meter, would be Pietro's second race, and also the supposed time of the big rEveAaAL.

Yay.

"oNe mOre rAaaAce..." Pepper teases. "Woah, are you okay?" She looks over at me, narrowing her eyes at the one tear dramatically falling off my face.

"Yeah, it's just... I want to fucking die, y' know," I explain.

"I got you dude, total mood." Rhodey nods. "I'm glad I'm single."

Clint, Nat, and Wanda were cheering on Pietro as he ran. Thor and Loki brought Bruce for some stupid reason and they were selling some fake hydroflasks for twice the price to all the vsco girls. 

Something tells me that Thor and Bruce don't know those are fake. 

 I look over to Stephen who was with Sam, Steve, and Bucky. I couldn't tell what they were doing but it looked like they were trying to throw water balloons at some students from Hydra High.

I looked over to Bucky's black Mustang, parked next to where Rhodey, Pepper and I were sitting.  

"What are you planning to say?" Rhodey asks.

"I mean, maybe, just...'I'm your soulmate'?" I suggest. 

"Uh, sorry, but no." Pepper hands me a notecard with a bunch of words on it that I'm too lazy to skim. "Rhodey and I have some options for you."

"Hmmmm..." I look through them, scrunching up my nose. There were about fifteen different things on the card. 

1. 'Stephen, I need to tell you something, it's important. I know this might come as a shock, but we ARE soulmates.'

"This is the same as my initial plan, just with more words." I groan. 

"You can't just say it so casually." Pepper sighs.

"Right! You tried that before haven't you?" Rhodey agrees.

2. 'You're stupid.'

"I wrote that one." Rhodey points out. 

"This just seems mean." I frown.

"Wait, you actually wrote that?" Pepper glares at Rhodey.

"It's true tho." 

Can't argue with that

3. 'I really like you, and I know you like me to. I've told you many times before, but this time you have to believe me...we're soulmates, Stephen.'

"Ew, this is sappy." I cringe, pursing my lips. 

"That's the fucking point." Pepper shakes her head.

4. 'We should fuck.'

"I'm guessing Rhodey wrote that one, too?" I tilt the card towards Pepper. 

"JAMES." Pepper shoots Rhodey a second glare. 

"I just feel like a more direct approach like this could work really well," Rhodey claims. 

5. Hey homeboy, we're obviously in love, let's just date, we're soulmates anyway, lmao.

"Hey, I really like this one." I snicker, reading the fifth option aloud. 

"That was a joke! I told you to erase that!" Pepper rolls her eyes.

"It was the best one you wrote." Rhodey shrugs.

"Lmao" I mock, laughing. "I love this."

"ALL THE SOPHOMORE BOYS RUNNING THE 200 METER LINE UP ON THE TRACK!" The coach announces over the speakers.

 Oh no.

"I guess I'll go with option number five." I decide, handing the notecard back to Pepper. 

"WHAT, NO!" Pepper protests, shoving the piece of paper back at me. 

"Great choice, Tones, one of my favorites." Rhodey gives me two thumbs-ups.  

"TONNNNNNYYYYY, IT'S TIIIIME!" Bucky yells, Naruto running up the bleachers to us, along with Natasha and Loki. 

"Bye guys!" I shout to Pepper and Rhodey and join the Naruto runners heading to Bucky's Mustang. Bucky pulls out his keys and opens the trunk so it's over-looking the track. Steve and Sam walk up with Stephen, slightly wet and holding extra water balloons. 

Before I can say anything, the three of them yeet their extra water balloons at Bucky, drenching him. Oof. 

"FUCK." Bucky curses, turning around to face the three. 

"Language..." Steve smiles mischievously at his boyfriend. 

"Oh, fuck you." Bucky glares. 

"I thought you did last night." Steve sticks his tongue out at Bucky. Oh shit, that was good.

Bucky throws me the keys to his car before picking up Steve and walking down back to where Clint and Wanda were sitting.

"yAy frEe riDe! wHere aRe wE goIng?!?" Steve snickers. 

"We're watching Pietro's race." Bucky sighs. "And, who said this was free?" 

I would love to listen in on more of their conversation but they got too far away to hear. 

"I better go, too!" Nat winks at me. "Wanda's gonna be waiting. Sam, c'mon!" She grabs Sam's arm and runs over to where Bucky was with Steve. 

"I gotta get back to selling Hydro Flasks with Thor and Bruce. Y'all take care!" Loki winks at both of us, leaving. 

That leaves me...and Stephen. 

Alone.

I feel like my stomach's going to explode.

"He does know how obvious it is that those things are off-brand." Stephen frowns, pointing at one of the so-called 'Hydro Flasks' that Loki was offering a girl with a scrunchie in her hair.

"Sksksksksksk, what are you talking about?? Those are totally Hydro Flasksksksksksksks." I grin. 

We laugh together, and for a second my nerves wash away.

But then they come back when I remember my whole purpose of being here. 

"Hey, Stephen, I've got something to tell you..."

- - -

A/N: Hey homeboys/homegirls/homepeople, lmao, next chapter is the reveal I promise, my dudes. Anyway, I started school and jesakdfasld;fjklnckesajfld;jk;aljksv;adjsflksef;alskf. Ugh, all my classes are split with grades above me so I don't know anyone and barley any of my classes are with friends. Thankfully lunch is still heaven. 

So updates might slow down a bit since I'm busy with homework and school stuff, sorry. I hope you guys liked the re-written chapter!

lah maow