35 - Disbelief

A/N: I unpublished the original chapter 35-37. I feel like they weren't as good as the others and kinda dragged the story to a place I didn't want it to go. I'm sorry if it's confusing with all of these changes and shit, but I truly do want this story to be the best it can be.

- - -

Stephen

The last few months of my life have been the best.

I guess life only gets better with a soulmate. I smile as I walk into first period, where Clint, Bucky, and Nat are waiting for me as always.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY YOUR THREE MONTH ANNIVERSARY, OH MY GOSH." Clint squeals as I take a seat.

"I told you to stop focusing on my relationship," I smirk.

"wHat eLse aM i sUppOseD tO foCus oN?" Clint sighs. "Until Loki finds his soulmate, all the attention is on you."

"It's been three months, Clint." I steer away from the topic of Loki's soulmate.

A lot happens in three months. A lot does not include Loki telling the group about his smudged soul mark.

"Three months isn't that long." Bucky huffs. "Steve and I have been dating for three years."

"Yeah, but y'all have no drama." Nat points out. "You guys are like the definition of perfect relationship."

"Ugh, true." I agree. 

"uM...not true." Bucky crosses his arms.

"Really?" Nat skeptically turns to him. "When's the last time you fought?"

"hA, last week when he stole five dollars from my wallet." Bucky grins. 

"Stephen, when was the last time you and Tony fought?" 

"Hmmm....yesterday, when I said that WiiSports was better than WiiFit," I reply.

"Okay, nevermind, ironstrange is the best relationship." Clint says.

"Please stop calling it that." 

"nO, WE HAVE TO GET TO STEP FIVE!" 

What the heck? 

 Earlier, Tony explained that Clint made some sort of scientific procedure during an 'ironstrange meeting', and was saying step numbers because of it. I still didn't entirely understand.

"Agreed, step five must be done." Nat nods. "Stephen and Tony are way cuter than Pietro and Clint."

"eXcuUuuSe me." Clint looks at Nat, his mouth agape. "We're not best friends anymore, how dare you!"

We all sit in silence, counting down in our heads. 

3....2....1.

"i'M soRrY, tAsha, i LoVe yOu, wE'Re bEst fRieNds fOR LiFe." Clint gets up to give her a small hug. "i'M sO sOrRy."

"That was straight." I laugh as Clint comes back to his seat. I quickly take back my words when Nat pulls out a pocket knife. 

"hOW dAre yOu, sTePhen!" Clint gasps.

The rest of the period is pretty much a blur.

 We continue to talk, but as we're having a conversation about WiiSports vs WiiFit, I notice someone urgently come in and walk over to Mr. Coulson. It's a lady, probably in her thirties, with medium brown hair and concern flooding her features. I try to ignore her but it seems like she looks over at me every few minutes. 

She eventually leaves the room, glancing back at me before exiting. I catch her eyes for a second, her expression pitiful. I shrug it off and focus my attention back on Clint who's attempting to sing Bad Guy by Billie Eilish with his hearing aids out.  

Once the bell rings I sonic walk over to the door, ready to face part two of hell when Mr. Coulson calls me over to his desk. Next to him was the lady from before, the one that was looking over at me. 

"Stephen, this is Doctor Palmer, she has to talk to you about something." he sighs, gesturing to the lady next to him.

"Stephen Strange, is it?" she smiles softly. I nod in response, confused by the situation. I'm going to be so fucking late to second period. 

"Yep." I say, impatiently. 

"Stephen..." she starts, sighing. "Your sister was in a car accident this morning."

What? I look at her with disbelief. It can't be that bad can it? I mean, some car accidents aren't severe...right?

"We're not sure if she'll make it." 

- - -

A/N: *gasp*