32 - "I like you..."

Stephen

"I actually have to tell you something too." I grin, though my stomach is about to flip upside down. We both sit down in the empty trunk of Bucky's car.

"Oh...uh, you can go first.." Tony smiles back, awkwardly. I fidget in my seat.

It's fine...just tell him, what's the worst that could happen? He'll just say no...and that's fine, I guess. We'll still be friends, right?

I continue to worry, but my mind goes blank once he puts his hand on top of mine.

"Is everything okay?" He asks, his eyebrows arching in worry.

I stare at him for a second and pull my hand away, quickly. I see his face fall a little before going back to a neutral expression. FUCK YOU, STEPHEN, YOU HURT HIS FEELINGS. YOU JERK, HE'LL NEVER LIKE YOU NOW.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I purse my lips. "I can tell you later, I guess. What were you going to say?"

"Oh, um...it's not that important really." He looks down at his feet. Is he mad at me?

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Not exactly comfortable silence.

Should I say something?

What should I do?

Fuck life I'm going to be a toaster.

"I'm just going to fucking say it." I finally snap.

"What?" Tony cocks his head and turns to look at me. I feel my face heat up as his stares at me, waiting for me to continue.

I grab his hand and furrow my eyebrows.

"I like you, Tony." I determinedly state.

"Pfft, what-," Tony snickers. I sigh and keep talking.

"I-I don't care if you're not my soulmate. I don't care if you're way out of my league. I. Like. You." I'm talking too much. ABORT. STOP TALKING.

Tony looks at me, not saying a word.

"C-can you at least say something?" I frown, defeated.

Of course, he doesn't like me, what was I expecting?

Some sort of fancy magical moment that would only happen in a book?

I blew it, now he thinks I'm an idiot.

"Just forget it." I pout, letting go of his hand.

I look back at Tony who was still grinning at me.

"What?" I glare at him.

Before I could say anything else he grabs my face and crashes our lips together. The kiss is short and sweet but it's enough to make my brain malfunction.

He pulls away just when I realize what was going on.

I stare at him for about ten seconds, my mouth agape. I'm about to say something, but he just looks at me and then runs.

Damn, he fast, he should be on the track team.

Wait, why'd he go?

Did I do something wrong?

What the fuck just happened???

I notice a red light coming from somewhere. I roll up my sleeves to investigate.

There was my soul mark.

Glowing dark cherry red.

Oh.

- - -
A/N: Srry it's so short. I didn't really want to make it any longer or stretch it out, cuz I didn't think really it needed to be that long. Next chapter will be normal length tho, this one is speciiiaaaaallll. uwu love y'all.