16 - Idiots

Stephen

"Why is he sleeping in our room?" I sigh, as Tony brings in Harley.

"Cuz I lost the Rock Paper Scissors tournament." Donna pouts. Tony snickers quietly and places Harley on a temporary bed we made him.

"She cheated and she still couldn't beat me."

"Yeah, right! You're the one who cheated! No one does paper two times in a row."

"I don't give a shit about your Rock Paper Scissors tournament." I roll my eyes and turn over on my bed, so I'm lying on my stomach. "Just get a room." Tony and Donna start hysterically laughing out of nowhere. I throw a pillow at Tony, violently. He falls to the floor, in fake pain.

"OH, HE NEED SOME MILK!" Donna says with total seriousness, before falling on the floor laughing next to Tony. Even Harley joins, barking and running around them.

"I never agreed to this," I mutter to myself. "Share a room with him they said, it'll be fine they said."

"I take much offense!" Tony gasps walking over to his bed.

"Donna turn off the lights on your way out." She flips me off before leaving the room without switching the lights off. I reluctantly get up and switch the lights off, face planting back on my bed afterward.

"Stephen?"

"wHaT?" I groan, turning over.

"I can't sleep," Tony whines. "Can you read me a story?"

"No," I yawn. "You can tell me a story though."

"About what? My tragic and sad life?"

"No, something happy....like your soulmate?"

"Oh...uh...well," he starts. I smirk as he struggles. "You are my soulmate, so I don't really have to tell you anything."

"Haha, very funny," I sarcastically reply. "I want the tea."

"Fine...um...her name is Stephanie."

"Seriously?"

"What? It's true!" he snaps back, defensive.

"Ok, continue..." I sigh.

"She's an idiot." He continues, but I immediately stop him.

"That's not very nice."

"Well, it's a fact so you're gonna have to deal with it." He rolls over in his bed but ends up falling on the floor. "Ow." Harley wakes up from the noise and nudges Tony with his paw. "Anyway, where was I?"

"You were telling me how she's an idiot."

"Oh, yes, of course." He decides to just lie on the floor instead of getting up. "She is a huge idiot."

"Let's move on from that, you have made it clear."

"To be honest, I don't really know what's so great about her, I mean she seems average and normal." He rambles. "So average. I mean, how could I, The most amazing person in the universe, have such a boring soulmate."

"I feel like this is going nowhere."

"No, let me continue!" he shushes me and pets, Harley. "She's also super hot."

"Wow, she sounds like me."

"I told you that you were my soulmate and you didn't believe me." Tony fake pouts. I roll my eyes. 

"And when she smiles," Here comes the tea. "The whole world stops and stares for a while." Ugh, why can't he give me something good? 

"Let me guess, 'cuz she's amazing'" I sigh, continuing the lyrics. 

"JUST THE WAY SHE IS." He finishes the song, belting it out.  

"She does seem boring."

"She is, and she's a total dumbass," Tony affirms. 

"Why don't we change the subject?" I offer, just wanting to go to sleep. "What did you do at school today?"

"Ha, you sound like a middle-age father trying to make small talk with his children." Tony chuckles, rolling over on the floor. "My favorite teacher so far is Miss Shuri."

"Pfft, Mr. Parker is obviously better." 

"Miss Shuri was more meme cultured, plus she is the youngest teacher so..." 

"But, Mr. Parker specializes in widespread memes, while Miss Shuri specializes in vines." I argue, trying to prove my point. 

"You don't even have Miss Shuri, so this is not a fair debate!" Tony snaps back. "HA, I WIN!" 

"Y'ALL BE QUIET OVER THERE WE TRYNA SLEEP!" Victor yells from his room. "THOUGH I'M ENJOYING THE SLIGHT BITS OF CONVERSATION I'M HEARING!" Harley barks in response, running out the door. "WHY IS THE THING IN MY ROOM?" 

"Your brother stole my dog, I hope you're happy with yourself." Tony finally gets up off the floor. 

"I still don't understand why you got that thing."

"You're a heartless soul! What would you do if there was a child right in front of you?" 

"tHiS bItCh eMptY, YeET!" I respond. 

"THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT VINE!" Tony rages. "THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A TEACHER LIKE MISS SHURI!" 

"Let's see you're in Mr. Parker's class first period." I think, trying to find a new subject. "Oh, you probably met Pepper."

"Oh, leadership business class president girl?"

"Yep, that's her."

"She seemed nice, but a kid named Rhodey told me to stay away from her."

"Ha, Rhodey's like that, he thinks he's an intellectual above all the idiots," I smirk. "I bet he adopted you as his next project." 

"I'm not that much of an idiot." Tony pouts. "Not like Stephanie." 

"What's up with you and Stephanie anyway?"

"Nothing, she's just super stupid and oblivious."

"Sounds like she's perfect for you."

- - -