14 - Smol Animals

Tony

"Anthony!" Donna runs to the back of the bus and sits with me, passing a confused Stephen who is reading in the front.

"What?" I scoot over to give her room to sit next to me.

"HOW WAS YOUR DAY?" She says way too loudly. I wince before replying.

"Um...good, I guess. It was pretty normal actu-"

"GREAT! Because now I have to show you something I found in class." She opens her backpack and takes out a glass jar. I closely look inside the jar, seeing a tiny lizard skittering around.

"Oh. My. God." I grab the jar from her and we immediately start gushing over the lizard. "She's so cute! Are we keeping her?"

"For now..." Donna taps on the glass, startling the small creature. "We should name her!"

Donna and I had recently bonded over our love of tiny animals. This was a big milestone for our relationship. Getting a child was a big deal.

"yEs!" I hand the jar back to Donna. "What about..." I think for a second. "Morgan?" Donna and I stare at each other for a few seconds before erupting into chaos.

"MORGAN!!! YES, OMG!"

"DONNA, WE'RE PARENTS!"

"ASDFGHKL" How does a human make that sound?

"What the fuck is going on?" I hear Stephen shout from the front of the bus.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, STEPHEN! There are children on this bus!" Donna screams back, asserting dominance.

"THEN STOP SCREECHING!" I'm surprised the bus driver doesn't care about any of our shit.

Soon enough, we reach our stop, Donna and I running out, Stephen and Victor slowly following behind. Before we make it to the house, Donna takes a turn, and I follow her.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?" I yell while still Naruto running. We stop at a small pond, where many organisms were swimming and skittering around.

"We have to set Morgan free or she'll die." Donna pouts, placing the glass jar on the surrounding grass.

"Oh," I sniff, sad to let my child go. "Bye, Morgan,"

Donna slowly unscrews the lid of the jar, letting Morgan go back into the wild after only a few minutes of domestication. Morgan seemed to have no emotional attachment to us because she was out of the jar before I could say 'I love you 3000'.

"She was here for only a few minutes of our lives, and gone in an instant, but we will always remember you, Morgan Stark-Strange." Donna picks the jar off the floor and screws the lid on sadly.

We sit at the side of the pond and do our homework, occasionally finding small animals crawling in our bags. My personal favorite was a small bird that I named Nebula. Nebula seemed to dislike me a lot because she flew away right as I approached her.

"Hey, Donna?" I look up from my essay draft.

"Hmm?"

"Who are you other than soulmate fangirl?"

"Oof, that's tough," Donna sarcastically replies, putting her stuff in her backpack. "I've always wanted to be a doctor."

"Like a veterinarian?" I question. That would explain the love for smol animals.

"Naw, just a normal people doctor, maybe a surgeon." She starts, smiling. "I've always wanted to help people."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I guess that explains the soulmate thing too." She ponders, slipping on her backpack. "Ever since Dad died, Stephen's despised soulmates. I wanted him to find someone that makes him happy, like you do." I blush a little at her words. "But, Stephen would never talk about soulmates, he only did when I showed interest."

"Now he's found his soulmate." I get up with Donna and we start walking towards the house. "And he has absolutely no idea who it is." I sigh.

"Exactly," she replies, groaning. "You guys would be so freaking cute together!"

"Ew, enough with the shipping, fangirl." I joke, punching her in the arm. "So, what about you and your soulmate quest?" She shrugs in response.

"I never actually cared about finding my soulmate." WHAT?!?! "Stephen hates meeting new people and Victor is more antisocial than the person reading this." Donna sighs. "I knew that they wouldn't find love or even look for their soulmate if I didn't intervene."

"Damn it. Why does the whole Strange family have to be great people! Makes me feel like -" I never finish that thought.

"OH MY GOD." Donna squeals and points to the ground. I dramatically look down seeing a tiny Pit Bull puppy looking up at me and Donna. It has brown fur with white patches, and a small cut on its paw.

"AWWWW." I gush. Donna and I drop our bags and lean down to examine the happy pup.

"It doesn't have a collar." Donna notices. "You know what hat means?" We look at each other and grin.

- - -

"BEVERLY!!!"

"MOM!!!!"

We hear quick footsteps from inside before coming face to face with the Strange's mother. Her brown hair was pulled into a messy bun, and her face desperately attempting to hide stress. We smile at her like delightful children.

Donna holds up the brown puppy so her mom can see him in all of his glory.

"This is Harley, he's ours now."

- - -
A/N: Coming back from vacation tomorrow! I have to go on an 13 hour flight, oof. Fs in the chat, hopefully I survive.