Chapter 10

A/N: This chapter is sad grab some tissues the soft ones with aloe vera that don't irritate your nose. 

Thomas ended up falling asleep there in the grass.

When he woke up, the first thing he saw was the clear blue sky, not a single cloud in sight. He felt the warmth of the morning sun on his skin.

Everything felt... perfect.

He took a deep breath, sitting up and stretching his arms above his head.

He got back into his car and sat in the front seat, happily drumming his hands on the steering wheel.

Thomas had needed this.

Even before all of this stuff with Alex, he'd need to get away from everything for a little bit.

He just needed some time to catch his breath.

Pulling back onto the highway, Thomas turned on the music as he began to drive.

I am not throwing away my shot.

Yo I'm just like my country I'm young scrappy and hungry

Alex smiled giddily as he walked up the driveway of Lafayette's house.

He had flowers in his hand and a wonderful plan in his mind.

He was preparing a surprise for Lafayette when he got back.

Lafayette's house was small but cozy, a trait which could be applied to the house but not its inhabitant. There was absolutely nothing small about Marquis de Lafayette.

There was a spare room in the back which his friend Thomas Jefferson inhabited when he was in town. Alex had never met Thomas Jefferson. He spent most of his time traveling and was usually on the other side of the ocean.

Alex wanted to do something romantic for Lafayette.

He knew that the business trip would stress out Lafayette, and he wanted to give Lafayette something nice to come home to.

He took a bunch of artificial flower petals (no flowers were harmed in the making of this surprise) and arranged them in a heart shape of Lafayette's bed. Totally cliche, but Alex knew how much Lafayette appreciated "cheesy" things.

Once he was satisfied, he scattered the flowers all over the rest of the room, creating a romantic trail of red and white roses from the front door to the bedroom.

He then go the brilliant idea to decorate the walls too.

Shit, I forgot the tape.

Alex went into Lafayette's office and started rummaging through his desk. He probably had some tape. What self-respecting man didn't own tape? Anybody who was anybody had tape! Nobody could ever dream of getting anywhere in the world without owning tape!

Alex finally got to the bottom drawer of the desk. He found a tape dispenser sitting on top of a pile of loose papers.

Alex grabbed the tape and closed the drawer, getting to work on the walls. He took his time and made sure that everything was perfect. He wanted everything to be perfect for his Laffy.

Once Alex had finished, he went to put the tape back in the drawer.

Just when he was about to close the drawer, one of the papers inside caught his eye.

Alex shook his head.

Alex, stop snooping through your boyfriend's drawers. It's creepy.