Chapter 12

The "business trip" was finally over.

Thomas' blissful week away had come to an end.

Now it was time to return to reality.

To Alex.

To his feelings.

Had Thomas been successful? Had he finally eliminated his feelings for Alexander Hamilton?

To be entirely honest, Thomas wasn't sure.

He hadn't thought about Alex all week, but that was simply because he'd been away from him. It was easy to eliminate thoughts of someone when they were nowhere to be seen. But how would he feel when he saw Alex again? Would his feelings come back when he saw his face again?

Lord, he hoped not.

He stayed awake every night and prayed that the feelings would be gone forever, that he would no longer be cursed with these feelings for someone he could never be with.

Oh, the sad novels were right. Unrequited love really is agonizing.

When Thomas got home, he was surprised to find his door unlocked.

Did I really leave my door unlocked for the entire week? Have I really reached that level if stupidity?

Thomas opened the door to find Alex standing on the other side.

Dressed in nothing but a set of pink lingerie that left absolutely nothing to the imagination.

If this was an anime, this is where I'd get a nosebleed.

Thomas put his bag down and stepped towards Alex, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor instead of the beautiful man in front of him.

"Well, mon ami, I believe this is the best greeting I have ever recieved." He said, slipping into a French accent that he hoped was convincing. "I was expecting cake, but a beautiful man dressed in see-through fabric is sufficient."

Alex laughed and walked toward Thomas, taking his hand and kissing him.

Thomas' body went still, bracing himself for what was about to happen.

He tried so hard to resist, to stop himself from falling victim to his racing heart and sweating palms. Tried to stop himself from falling victim to another part of him that was definately enjoying the experience.

I will not let myself fall for this man.

I am not in love with Alexander Hamilton.

I am not-

"Come on, Laffy. Let's take this to the bedroom."

Thomas woke up the next morning and immediately burst into tears.

He couldn't deny it any longer.

He couldn't keep lying to himself.

Thomas Jefferson was in love with Alexander Hamilton.

He hadn't been able to resist.

Alex had kissed him, touched him.

And he'd loved every second of it.

He'd kissed him back, touched him back, let that wonderful man blow his mind.

He'd tried to fight it. Tried to deny what he was feeling.

But he couldn't.

He needed Alexander like he needed oxygen.