What you need to know before returning to Hawkins...

Background info:

- Regarding Dustin's pet turtle-'Yertle' he survived in S2. After being evicted from his tank because of Dart, he hid in Dustin's bedroom probably under his bed or in the closet, until he was placed back in his home which had been fixed up- better than ever. 🐢

- Mike's toy dinosaur 'Rory' and his 'Millennium Falcon' toy, after lingering on selling them or not he kept them as mementos for in the basement.

- I still think they should have one more chance to be acting like kids in a different setting like summer. All the kids in my story are 14-year-olds. They all still do fun activities together, but high school slowly makes them realise they have to start growing up and taking responsibility.

- I still have a lot of the same elements that people already love in 'Stranger Things', they are just done differently and more how I would prefer them to be, (e.g Scoops Ahoy and Robin.)

- There are so many new things in this story like- new characters, new locations, new romances, new monsters and new mysteries. It's very full-on because a lot is happening over these 10 chapters. I like to see that the story is broken down into 3 different sections like my poster- The first 2 chapters are about summer, the next 5 chapters are about high school, and finally, the last 3 are about the Camp. The stakes are higher because more mysteries are being answered and there are heaps of plot twists. My STS3 is definitely hyped up to be much bigger than the first two seasons. My story is set in the summer and fall of 1985. It focuses on 'forces of evil that are new and unexpected' and mainly deals with character-driven plot regarding- coming of age and human drama. However, there are still supernatural and lab conspiracies occurring at the same time to keep it interesting.

- There are a lot of subtle hints at the beginning of this story that foreshadow what could possibly happen towards the end. So keep that in mind....

- My STS3 is a fan fiction based off the Netflix series Stranger Things, it is created to be an alternative version of the third season. It's like if you watch the first two seasons on Netflix and then read it, it's like a continued story set a year later. Everything has been fine in Hawkins until that summer, where everything goes strange once again. It makes the experience special by including role models that I love and am inspired by in the Stranger Things universe because they likely won't be in the TV show, also because even the original cast wouldn't mind working with these role models too. ❤️

- 'The Year of Change' [1985] headline refers to the story and for me, it is also my 'Year of Change' [2019].

AFTER SEASON 2:

- After the S2 ending in my version at the Snowball dance; El would've had to leave with Hopper after 'Every Breath You Take' was over (lol like Cinderella) so she didn't get to spend enough time with the other kids, but she danced with Mike so she was happy. El then had to stay at her home for the next 8 or so months until summer in the next year getting homeschooled, but Mike visited her once...

- El and many other characters got a new hairdo.

- Bob Newby had a funeral shortly after the events in S2.

- Sometime before the Snowball Dance, Dustin stole back the Demodog from the Byers house and stashed it in his spare room( because Dustin is an only child, he has two rooms in his house) in a freezer until the summer of 1985.

- Hopper told the kids that they couldn't see Eleven/Jane Hopper until next year.

- The Byers set up a graveyard in their backyard for their dead dog- Chester.

- Max continued to hang out with the boys for the rest of the year and she joined their Party.

- Will had the rest of the year after the Snowball and in 1985 to catch up on his childhood by doing fun things with his friends that he missed out on and couldn't do as much in previous seasons due to the Upside Down. Also, Will in my version isn't as thrilled to be playing D&D again because the game did spark the beginning of his trauma back in S1, Will is very reluctant to play D&D with his friends but he does it anyway to keep them happy.

- Hopper and Eleven spent their Christmas alone together (like their Halloween in 1984) but she got a walkie- talkie as a present and was able to contact her friends.

- The kids (Max, Lucas, Will, Mike and Dustin) graduated from Middle school.

THE SUMMER OF 1985

- The Hawkins Community Pool was once an 'old brick building' that the Mayor (Paul Kline) transformed into a Swimming pool after Memorial Day weekend, purely for the summertime and Garret started to work there as a lifeguard.

-Tommy H and Carol both started to work at the Scoops Ahoy ice-cream truck as a job.

- Dustin went on Summer Camp to a Computer Camp over the beginning of Summer.