Chapter Four: Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Nancy tries to help Max and El get along better by hosting a sleepover. Karen tends to an injured Billy. Steve meets a new friend, and Dustin shows the others a scientific invention.

Main Character outfits

1. Mike-(a light blue polo shirt, black pants/ dark green sweater/ grey and pink striped shirt, brown pants.)

2. Eleven-(a green and pink shirt, dark blue and pink pants/ Mike's blue shirt and his white pants at the sleepover/ black and pink floral shirt, red and white striped pants.)

3. Will- (a grey and dark blue and maroon shirt, blue jeans, watch, brown belt/ white and green shirt.)

4. Dustin- (a green and yellow shirt, iconic hat, cream pants, beaded wristband/ long-sleeved grey shirt, green pants.)

5. Lucas- (a black and purple graphic T-shirt, blue jeans, black watch/ mustard coloured pants, white and purple shirt.)

6. Max- (hair in a high ponytail, white T-shirt with red and blue and yellow and green stripes over a red vest, blue jeans, red and black sneakers, short white socks,/ lavender and yellow sunflower PJ's/ black shirt, blue jeans.)

7. Nancy- (a pink shirt, green and red striped PJ shorts for sleepover.)

8. Joyce- (a blue buttoned top, blue jeans, small black watch.)

9. Billy- (a white shirt, blue denim jacket, blue denim jeans.)

10. Jonathan- (a checkered blue and red shirt, dark blue pants.)

11. Karen- (a yellow and green pineapple dress.)

12. Erica- (a pink top with blue dungaree.)

13. Jim- (Police Chief uniform.)

14. Steve-(a grey and blue and brown shirt, black jeans.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawkins, Indiana. 7th September, 1985;

There is nothing more powerful than a mother's love, no one more protective than a mother and nothing more special than a mother's connection to her children. A mother's intuition and instinct are never wrong. Once she feels or knows something is wrong, it likely is, and no one knows what that feels like more than Joyce Byers. After two years of losing her son to the Upside Down, Joyce has trusting maternal instincts. Somehow she always knew that Will was communicating with her through the Christmas lights and that the Mind Flayer was using her boy. It's like a special gift she possesses- putting pieces together to form a puzzle like no one else can, that's what makes her a strong woman and a strong mother.

Will comes out of his bedroom, rubbing his eyes, trying to wake up and arrives in the kitchen sitting at the dining table with dark circles under his eyes, indicating that he must have stayed up late last night. Joyce concerned questions her youngest son, "Will, Hey, why were you up late last night? Are you ok? Did you have another nightmare Honey? Sweetie tell me!" Will slightly annoyed with all her interrogating questions still tries to wake up, rubbing his eyes repeatedly and sighs, "Mom, I'm fine. Really, can we talk about this later." He quickly finishes his breakfast cereal and then gets ready to leave to go to school, before Jonathan who appears to be eating his butter on toast turns around in his chair and offers to drive his brother that morning. Will refuses telling his older brother in an agitated and grouchy tone, "I'm fine to ride myself to school!" On that note, the young Byers boy heads out the door. Jonathan jokes to his mother, "Teenagers, am I right? I wasn't that bad, was I?" Joyce shakes her head, knowing something else was going on with Will, "I don't think this is just about him wanting independence Jon, I think something else is going on, he's not sleeping at night which means..."Joyce stops to think and then worries that the prescribed pills Will has been taking are not working and plans to do something about it... She then removes her older son's bread crumbs on his face with her thumb before he leaves to head to work, "Hey, Wait up, your cheek," Jonathan tells her, "I've gotta run, I don't want to be late for work." Joyce hugs him, "All right. See you later."