Chapter Five: The Surprise

As the gang plan a surprise birthday party for El, she is left confused about why her friends don't want to see her and soon bumps into Ethan. The two go off and do their own fun thing, resulting in a shocking outcome.

Main character outfits

1. Mike-(a white and brown and grey and black and dark green striped t-shirt, dark green pants.)

2. Eleven-(a psychedelic shape dress, short blue socks, white and black trainer shoes, blue bracelet.)

3. Lucas-(a blue and black T-shirt, blue jeans.)

4. Max-(a red and pink and yellow and orange and blue striped shirt tucked into blue jeans, a brown belt, yellow watch, red pixel short socks, red and blue sneakers.)

5. Erica-(a white and blue floral top, pink pants, pink heart earrings.)

6. Steve- (a khaki shirt, blue and white shorts, blue and white sneakers, white socks, sunglasses.)

7. Joyce-(a green and black flannel shirt, blue jeans.)

8. Will- (a blue and purple striped shirt, cream pants.)

9. Dustin-(a white retro radio graphic shirt over blue vest jacket, cream pants, iconic hat.)

10. Nancy-(a blue dress with pink hearts.)

11. Jim- (a dark blue shirt, brown pants.)

12. Karen- (a orange and yellow top, pink pants.)

13. Jonathan- (a maroon shirt, dark brown pants, white sneakers.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawkins, Indiana. 11th September, 1985;

It is Sunday and over at Hopper's Cabin in her room; El is trying to contact the boys through her walkie-talkie to hang out, but none of them are answering. Will-*Static*, Mike- *Static*, Lucas-*Static*and Dustin-*Static*. El doesn't know if Max has got her own walkie-talkie or not? She is soon interrupted when a male voice comes through on the rectangle machine, it is Mike, "I-I um, can't see you right now, maybe today at all." El is confused, "What. Why not?" Mike takes a breath, he tells her that he can't hang out with her right now, hurriedly lying that his Nanna has passed away(taken a turn for the worse as he calls it to her), "She's uh, taken a turn for the worse," and needs to be alone for the day with his feelings. El's heart sinks a little, "Oh." Mike agrees, "Yeah...What Mom? My Mom's calling me, better go, bye!"
El just looks over at her clock, it read 9:00, What just happened? Unknown to El, Mike along with the others are actually planning a surprise birthday party just for her.

El is still confused and hurt by his response before turning off her gadget. Hopper is finishing washing up some dishes and then places them on the counter. He soon notices that El has reappeared out of her room as he dries his hands, "Hey, is everything okay?" Assuming she had been talking to her friends. El slumps her shoulders and sighs, "Nobody there." Heading to the front door telling him, "I'm going out for a walk." He nods his head, drinking his cold bottle of Schlitz beer before going over to sit and watch the telly reminding her, "Ok, just remember to try not to use your powers." El nods her head before closing the door shut with her hand and takes a step outside.