Chapter Two: Independence Day

Red, white and blue colours engulf the town, but fireworks aren't the only loud noises heard. Will learns from a new source some astonishing news and a massive outbreak of a dangerous disease contaminates citizens at the fair.

Main Character outfits

1. Mike-( FLASHBACK- a grey and dark blue striped shirt, black pants/ yellow striped shirt, grey shorts, black shoes/Date outfit: yellow shirt and denim vest, denim jeans, white sneakers/ blue and grey polo shirt, black shorts.)

2. Eleven- ( FLASHBACK-one of Hopper's blue and red flannel shirts over light blue top, black pants/ pale blue shirt, green pants, blue bracelet/ Date outfit: 'gorgeous' blue navy dress, white sneakers/yellow shirt.)

3. Will- (a light blue, dark blue and white polo shirt, cream shorts, blue and red stripes on long white socks, brown shoes/black and white shirt, black and red shorts/white T-shirt, green and red shorts.)

4. Dustin-(white long socks, green shorts, ROAST BEEF orange graphic tee, blue vest/ rainbow propeller hat, khaki watch, headset piece, grey and orange shoes/black, white and red patterned shirt/grey shirt.)

5. Lucas- (khaki shorts, light blue singlet, purple and pink and green and blue cap, short white socks, white and yellow and orange sneakers/ red shirt, black shorts/green top, iconic camouflage bandana.)

6. Max- (a orange and blue striped shirt tucked into shorts, brown belt, white and red pixel short socks, red and blue sneakers, short mint green shorts, yellow watch, brown sunglasses just to wear for fun/ black diamond-patterned shirt, light pink shorts.)

7. Jim-(FLASHBACK-a brown, blue and red shirt, brown pants/pink and green flamingo shirt, watch, blue jeans/police chief outfit.)

8. Erica-(a yellow and pink shirt over a blue denim dungaree, pink and yellow and blue bracelets.)

9. Nancy- (a white dress with blue bows, brown belt, brown slip-on shoes/red and yellow and blue plaid-stripe dress.)

10. Joyce- (a red and orange shirt, purple striped shirt over the top, blue jeans, old sneakers.)

11. Billy-(a white T-shirt, blue denim jeans, black belt.)

12. Steve-(a orange striped T-shirt, blue jeans.)

13. Karen- ( a rainbow striped skirt, blue ruffled V-neck top, pearl necklace/ black buttoned dress.)

14. Jonathan- (a blue shirt, cream pants/ green buttoned long sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Flashback]

Hawkins, Indiana. December 25th, 1984: It was a chilly morning, a few weeks since the annual Snowball Dance at Hawkins Middle School had occurred. Hopper's Cabin still appeared to look the same as it did- mahogany, rustic and old with few yellow lamps in every room; dull lighting, but bright enough to see where to go. There were few Christmas decorations here and there including paper snowflakes. One of the walls in the lounge room had just been painted in a bright coat of mint green. The two of them gathered in the lounge room near 'one little Christmas tree'. El or Jane Hopper as she was now officially called, was Jim Hopper's new adoptive daughter. She began opening her long-anticipated present from her new father figure, pulling the red paper off in excitement only to reveal a silly childish toy- Speak & Spell. The young brunette was very confused then angry and lastly unhappy with this gift, "What is...it!?" Hopper could tell that his new daughter had no idea what the hell the present was?, so he started to explain and show it to her, "It's a toy, you see, it's like a computer, you touch different letters here when it tells you to spell a word." El was still not impressed one bit with him, she was acting ungrateful more than anything, "I'm not a baby!" Hopper then went to go and find some batteries to set up the game properly. Instead of a child's toy, she yearned for something else, someone that made her happy. She hadn't left the cozy cabin since the Snowball Dance, which was one of the happiest nights of her life, being free and dancing with a special boy named Mike and even kissing him. It made her feel in absolute bliss and she would do anything to experience that freedom again.