Chapter 2; Lizard

"Every act of Creation is first an act of destruction."

Fury's POV
Hm I thought. "So you're telling me, you Black Widow couldn't follow a simple vigilante?!" I caught wind of the Spider-Man awhile back I thought it was just some stupid person going out in spandex. But then he started doing miraculous things. Starting with when he fought Lizard.

I remember getting a call about a giant lizard running around New York. But as we were on our way to handle the situation, Spider-Man showed up. They fought, Spider-Man webbing lizard and lizard countering with whipping his tail back. But that's when I saw it. Spider-Man knew that's what lizard was going to do.

After Spider-Man took down the lizard he just vanished. Not even I could track him. It was like he was just gone. I mulled over it for weeks how did he do it? Vanishing after the fight, possible. He could have changed into civilian clothes and we wouldn't find him. But how did he do it? How did Spider-Man know what the lizard was going to do.

Just by looking at him I could tell he hadn't any real training. But yet he managed to predict what lizard was going to do? It's impossible, not even black widow herself would've been able to know what attack lizard was going to use. Let alone dodge the attack. Spider-Man was something new. Something unknown and I don't like unknown. It's just makes for more unknown threats.

Black Widow POV
Ever since the lizard accident fury has been having me trail Spider-Man. But it was practically impossible, even for me. I could find him, easily. Just go to the nearest apartment fire or nearest crime scene and your likely to find him. It's was staying on his trail that was difficult.

Once I found Spider-Man then its hard, he would swing throughout the city. It was hard enough keeping up with all his swinging, but then out of no where I would round the corner he just did and he would be gone! No one would be in sight. It wasn't hard to find him again, I just couldn't keep on his trail. I don't think anyone could actually tail Spider-Man.

It was like he knew I was there! Another night fury sent me out to try and find anything about this guy. He had just stopped a mugging, potential rape. I was watching from some scaffolding across the alley and I shifted ever so slightly, if I was beside myself I wouldn't even realize. But he did! It was like he heard it! Has he known I've been here the whole time? Every night I have tried to trail him, has he known the entire time?!

I lost Spider-Man, once again. So I decided to go back to head quarters. Once I got there I was so frustrated and angry that the stupid little bug got away again fury could sense it as soon as I walked in. "Another night of cat and mouse gone bad?" Fury said. I was so angry but then I remembered. "I think he can sense me, when I'm trailing him."

Fury just cocked an eyebrow. "And how did you come to this assessment?" "I don't know how to explain it exactly, but I think he does. He knows I'm there. I just know it." Fury looked away and I could see he was confused. "How the hell are we ever gonna find anything on this guy if he know when we're there!" Fury's angry now, he threw a coffee cup across the room.

I kept thinking. "Have you ever thought we could just approach him and ask him what we want to know?" Fury just huffed, "ok say we did that, do you really think he would just tell us who he is just like that? Answer all our questions just like that? Especially when I've had you out there trailing him for the was 2 Months? Please, if your theory that he knows when we're there is true. We'd never even make it within meters of him."

"What other option is there sir? At this point I can't keep up with him. He somehow loses me every time. I can't keep doing this." Fury just stayed silent. I take a deep breath. "What are your orders sir? What do you want me to do now? Because honestly I've just about given up." Fury just stood there in this conference room thinking. What was he going to do he thought. What could he do?

Peter's POV
I always knew someone was following me. From the very first time I fought with the lizard. They were always there, and again and again I had to lose them. Get them off my trail. Honestly it times like these that I am beyond grateful for spider sense. I always knew who it was following me I even freaked out about it once when I found out it was the actual black widow following him every other night.

I know black widow is an avenger but she's also a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. One of if not the best Shield agent there was. But what am I going to do about it? I can't have her keep trailing me I might make a slip up one day and she cannot be there if or when I do. By how long she's been following me so far I don't thinks she's giving up soon.

I don't know what information they have on me so far. Oh god do they know who I am? No they wouldn't have the black widow trailing me if they knew my identity. But they might know other things. My age perhaps, you can clearly hear I'm young by my voice. God knows what other information they might have on me. What am I going to do about it though?

Then I had the idea. The idea that was so stupid. And dumb and irrational. But if I could pull it off it would be legendary. I would be able to see all the information they have on me and I could have unlimited access to all their systems. I know what I'm going to do. What I have to do. I'm going to hack Shield.

I don't know how I'm exactly going to do it yet. They probably have the best network security system next to the Tony Stark. I know Shield has its own satellite, I just don't know how I'm going to get into the network in the first place. Not without a piece of Shield tech. I would need something hooked into Shields network. Like a comm from a certain super spy that won't leave me alone.

I spent the entire weekend in my room (without going out as Spider-Man) planning for how I was going to take Black Widows comm. That was my ticket into the Shield network system. I planned it all out. I would go out as Spider-Man on Tuesday night (no one would ever expect an attack on your security system on a Tuesday am I right?) then I would do everything normally. Stop a few muggings and a robbery perhaps.

Then right when I'm about to go home, I lose her. Get her off my trail but I'm not really getting her off my trail. I'm getting on her trail. I'll follow her for awhile. Then when she never expects it, I'll just knock her out. I'm kidding no, I'll distract her long enough with something for me to grab the comm out of her ear and make a timely exit. If all goes according to plan hopefully she just thinks she just dropped it while chasing me.

I know my plan is basic and has a lot of room for errors. But I've lost her every time, she would see a super elaborate plan from me a mile away. She thinks I'm smart by how I've lost her every time. She would never expect for me to just plainly distract her and take what I want. This was my way into knowing what Shield knows about me. I can't afford another chance after this.

If this fails she'll know what I was trying to do and go from the defensive to offensive. I can't have that, honestly she would probably kick my butt. I have to keep this plan basic and her unsuspecting. I have to stop thinking like Spider-Man and think like Peter Parker. Think like I'm just an ordinary Human.

Well BlackWidow, Shield. Let the games begin.

"I wonder why Progress, looks so much like Destruction"

_______________________________
Hiya! Author here! I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be starting an Spider-Man and Avengers one-shot book. For anyone who doesn't like these prolonged sort of stories and prefer just shorter stories and more premises and imagines explored. Anyways hope you like this chapter!

Word Count: 1462