Chapter 8; Fault

After denying the internship for Stark Industries, peter had to start dodging Tony. He would show up at peter's school to 'give him a ride home' when in reality he just wanted to berate peter trying to get him to change his mind. But peter stood his ground, he ignored the texts and calls. He even started to run home after school so Stark couldn't catch him to talk.

But soon enough peter found himself in need to Tony. "What? More shifts? Headmistress you can't keep working yourself like this." peter said. "I'm sorry peter, but you know the rent went up. We were barely making ends meet, now? i'm going to have to work every shift I can." headmistress Bea said reluctantly. "Well, what if I?" peter said. "No, peter. You're not getting a job. You work enough helping out 'round here." ms. Bea said.

Peter knew ms. Bea couldn't keep working like she was, she's already collapsed once doing the amount of shifts she did before. Peter needed to come up with an idea to earn money without letting his her know he has a job. So now where around queens, may would find out. Peter then started to think aloud, "Delmar's? No too personal, god i wish i was a billionaire- Stark."

Peter found his solution, well maybe. So the next day after school he didn't run he actually went to the black car parked at the gate. "Hey, Mr.Stark" Tony was surprised. "Hey, kid. Whatcha doing?" "Hey, can we go for a drive?" peter asked. Tony just nodded and told happy to drive anywhere. "So, what do you want to talk about?" Then peter smiled.

"You know the internship you offered me?" Peter asked. Stark chuckled, "Of course". "Well, I denied right? But, Maybe i will do it after all." Peter said. "Great! I-" "But i have a request." Peter said making stark to turn his head in confusion then smile. "Shoot kid, tell me this 'condition' you have." Tony said smugly.

"So, you want to be paid? For the internship?" stark asked. "yes, frankly we need the money at home right now. Plus the headmistress won't let me get a job. But if it's a paid internship at SI...well you get the idea." peter explained. "Well that will be easy! Honestly i was going to give up on trying to get you to work with me. You kept dodging me so i figured." Stark said.

"Oh, yeah. I'm only doing this because I need money. If i had it my way, i'd never have to sit in a room with you again. No offense." Peter said. "What did i do to give you such a bad impression?" Stark asked. "Its not that simple Mr.Stark. It's not that i don't like you, or the avengers. I just don't want to be apart of your world. I've lost a lot Mr.Stark. This would..." Peter softened.

"Put you and the people you care about in more danger. God kid, why didn't you just tell me? I full heartily understand. You didn't have to go to such lengths for just this. I get it kid, and trust me. I won't let anything happen to you." Stark said. "It's not me i'm worried about." Peter said. "Then who?" Stark asked. Peter just went quiet.

"Well kid, i promise i won't let anything happen to you or the people you care about. Ok? Now, Happy. To the tower. We got to celebrate. Ah no buts kid." Stark said. So peter just sat back quietly as he went to the tower. He stayed there for a few hours celebrating then went home and told may. It wasn't what he wanted, but peter was gonna have to make this work.

6 Months Later

"Aw come on kid! This is the third time this week alone!" Stark exclaimed. "Sorry Mr.Stark, just face it. I'm better at trivia then you." Peter said shrugging. It had been awhile since Peter had accepted the internship, and he and Tony were pretty close. Peter was ok with the avengers, but he was totally different with tony. He open himself up more.

But peter wasn't totally honest with them. He still hid Spider Man from them. It had been roughly 4 months since Spider Man had a run it with the avengers. So peter assumed Fury had finally given up on him. Which was a good thing. Peter on the other hand was thriving. He used the money from the internship for bills, so ms. Bea didn't have to work as much.