Chapter 9; Flashbacks

"Tell a lie once and all your truths become questionable"

Time stood still for peter. He didn't want to tell them the truth, they'd never look at him the same again. After they find out all hes done, about who he is with a mask on. Peter was genuinely scared. Why? Why did this always happen, why to him? No peter, stop overthinking. They're people right in front of you waiting for the truth. His truth.

Peter was visibly shaking, the avengers waiting for his 'truth'. "Tick tock, Petey. Tick tock." Harry said. Peter looked down and closed his eyes, slowly taking a breath. "Harry. I'm sorry. For everything." Harry just started scowling. "Tell them!" he yelled out. "Harry! Let me talk. Please." peter said loudly going quiet.

"Do you remember? The day we met? We we're polar opposites. Your father hated mine, so we thought we had to hate each other. But then-"

Flashback~

"Ha! Your dad isn't as smart as mine! My dad has a giant company, what does your dad have!" young harry exclaimed to peter. "My dad doesn't have anything anymore." peter said sadly. "See! Your dad has nothing, my dads so much better." Harry said proudly. Peter looked at Harry straight in the eyes. He sniffed.

"My dad doesn't have anything because hes dead, so is my mom." Peter said tears streaming down his face. Harry just looked at him. "My moms dead. Dad says shes gone away but that one day ill see her again. So i think you'll see your dad and mom again. You just have to wait." Peter smiled. "Your not bad when you're not being mean." Peter said as they both laughed.

"Then after that day, we were practically inseparable. Harry do you still believe? That you'll see your mom after you die? I don't believe ill see my mom and dad, i don't think ill be going to the same place as them. I'm not worthy enough. I've done too much." Peter said with a sad look. "Stop stalling!-" "Answer me Harry!" Peter yelled.

"No, i don't think ill ever see my mom again. You happy?" Harry said with vigor. Peter looked up with a furious look in his eyes. "Do you remember Harry? When we used to believe? When we used to have hope? When we were brothers? When the world still spun. When time didn't stand still?" Peter asked. Harry now had the same furious look.

"Whats your game peter? You tryna piss me off?" Harry spat out. "Do you remember when my uncle died? The funeral? You were there after all-

Peter stood beside his aunt, the funeral just ending. Peter had started to walk away when he saw someone standing by a grave a few feet away. Peter smiled a sad smile and walked up to him. "Harry, man thank you for being here." Peter said. "I wouldn't miss it man. I'm so sorry i know with everything you've already lost, this must be." Harry quieted.

"Its ok. Well its not, but. Thank you Harry. For being here. I know we haven't seen each other in awhile and just you don't know how much this means to me." Peter said and gave harry a hug. "Always pete, ill always be here when you need me. That's what brothers are for. To always have the others back." Harry said still hugging each other.

"So What! That was before i learned your secret! Before everything!" Harry yelled out. "Peter what are you doing?" Tony whispered. Peter just ignored the question and gave harry his full attention. "What about your fathers funeral?" Harry suddenly growled. "You don't get to talk about that!" harry spat.

"Why? I was there. I talked at the podium. I stood beside you because you couldn't be alone. I helped you afterwards. I stayed up with you that whole weekend as you sobbed because you had nothing left.-

"What do i do pete! Hes gone, shes gone. What the hell else do i have to lose!" Harry said pacing in his fathers study. "Everything Harry! Stop please! Harry you still have so much!" Peter yelled back. "Like what! i'm alone!" "ME! you have me harry. You know i've been here before. But harry you helped me out of that. I'm here harry."

Peter walked towards harry and slowly wrapped his arms around him. "Ill always be here harry. No matter what. You'll always have me." Peter whispered in his ear. For the next 2 days Harry clung to peter, and peter didn't mind. He was there for him and wouldn't have it any other way. When harry finally let him go he would text peter everyday.

"Yes. You did that. But i didn't know the truth then peter. You hid it from me. While consoling me while you knew what truly happened. Why my father was dead! You had the gall to stand there saying you would never leave, but you did! You betrayed me! Now i'm done playing games! Tell them now peter. No more stories." Harry stood there waiting.

Peter sighed. "Harry. I don't have too." "And whys that peter?" Harry asked. Then a swarm of shield agents came running in surrounding the goblin. "You were stalling. Well it doesn't matter peter. One day they'll learn the truth about you. About who you are. Then they'll never look at you again. Just wait peter. Your past will catch up to you." Harry said being dragged away.

Peter sat down on the couch, the avengers stood there still. "I knew you were hiding something. so tell us. Now. One chance." Natasha said standing in front of him. Peter sighed. "Now. I don't play this waiting game." Fury said. "It doesn't matter. Harry just wanted you all to hate me. Whatever he was going to say is a lie-." "No."

Stark said. Peter looked up at him. "He was telling the truth. You have a secret your not telling us. Tell us now kid." Tony stood his ground. Peter looked away rubbing the back of his neck. "Fine, but. Promise you wont look at me different?" Peter said looking at tony. tony nodded back. "You remember about a month ago when i didn't come here for 3 weeks?"

Tony and the rest of the avengers nodded their heads. "Well, Uh. Well, um you see. My, god. god this is hard. Um, My girlfriend died." Peter said quietly. The avengers looked at him with sadness. "But that's not all." Fury said. Peter shook his head, "No its not. The truth is, she died because of me. Because of my actions." Peter said tears threatening to fall.

Everyone was flabbergasted. "What? How?" Steve asked. "Well you see..." Peter trailed off-

Peter stopped by Gwen's after school and hung out there for awhile. Then out of nowhere harry showed up and took Gwen. Peter tried so hard to follow and knew where he would be taking her. The clock tower. Peter ran as fast as he could to get there but he was too late. He saw as she fell, as she couldn't be saved. Watched as she died in his arms, just like Ben. Because of him. 

All he heard next was Harry, laughing. Then saying some no-so well received last words. "I swear to you Peter Parker, i will take every thing away from you. everything. head my words." Peter didn't even acknowledge it and just cried while holding Gwen's limp body waiting for the police to arrive having seen the green goblin take her. 

"There, now you know! I got my girlfriend killed, you happy! Now you know i'm alone! That i'm all i have left! That she died because of me!" Peter yelled sobbing at this point, not one avenger dared to step forward let alone talk. Peter had enough, he ran out of the building leaving the avengers stunned, silenced.

For 4 weeks after that accident peter couldn't be found. Mostly because he didn't want to be found. He would take a different route to the group home every day, he started working at Delmar's so he could still help by bringing money into help the home. Peter had barely went out as spider man, only once a week so far.

Peter was just angry. He thought he could trust the avengers, but they had doubts all along. Not to say peter didn't have doubts of his own. Plus peter kept his secret from them. He wasn't truthful to them either. But peter did trust them, he didn't like not being with them. They were the last people he could be himself around.

But what does this mean? Is peter really considering this? Telling the avengers who he is? That hes spider man? But he couldn't put them in danger too. Plus he still had to deal with Harry, a week ago he broke out of shield custody. Peter was between a rock and a hard place. He didn't like being in this position. Being put in this position.

What the hell was peter going to do? Could he trust the avengers with his secret? Or was he going to continue being alone? Peter couldn't get his uncles words out of his head. This is the point where he has to live up too it. "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility..." its time. Peter had to choose. This was his cross roads...

"Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind"
_______________________________
Hey guys! Here's the new chapter! I'm going to be celebrating Christmas so I probably won't update until the new year, but here you go! Anyways pce out mah dudez✌🏻