Chapter 6; Quiet

"Listen to silence. It has so much to say."

Needless to say, things were awkward. But let's start from the beginning. Peter had been invited to dinner with none other than the avengers, not only that, But as peter Parker. Peter was having dinner with the same people who are hunting Spider-Man, who which is him. The avengers didn't know this though and were just excited to get to know the kid. They had this invisible force pulling them towards him, it was like the kid was undeniably destined to meet them. Curious.

Peter arrived at the tower he had just thrown on a plain t-shirt with some dress pants. Matching jacket of course too (Photo at end). When he arrived Friday instantly sent him upstairs. When he stepped out of the elevator there was big table all of the avengers sitting around it waiting. When they saw him all their eyes lit up like it was Christmas. "Uh, hi?" Peter said awkwardly. Tony frowned "I thought I said go bring your parents kid?". "Um yea well, unless we go eat at the cemetery they're not coming." Peter said.

The avengers went quiet, "but it's ok, I mean, they were kinda buzz kills anyways. They would make a whole thing out of this and make a big deal and, it's just, it's ok." Peter rambled. "Wait if your parents are passed who do you live with?" Steve asked respectively. "Well I did live with my aunt and uncle," Peter sat down at the table. "But my uncle died and not long after my aunt followed, now I live with the headmistress, helping and working at a children's home. It's honestly a lot better than it could be. It's a nice place." Peter once again rambled.

"You mean to say you live in a group home?" Clint asked. "Well it's technically a children's home, but yea Essentially." Peter replied. "Anyways enough about my depressing life story, uh why'd you want me here? Like to have dinner with you guys?" Peter asked. "Oh you solved our equation. Me and Bruce have been working on it for awhile." Tony spoke up. Peter choked "wha- I'm sorry- intrude- didn't mean- to do so-" Peter drank a sip of water. "It's ok, honestly me and tony have been working on it a long time but you see it once and it's solved. I'm curious how'd you do it?" Bruce asked.

"Honestly, I saw the problem and my mind just figured it out. I mean I guess I've always just, understood school? Like I've always gotten straight A's, I mean I've never really had to work through it. I mean yea I've had to study and stuff to brush up, but I've always just understood? I mean from math, science, to drama and poetry. It's always just been easy for me. I mean i guess the first time I ever really needed to work through a problem was when we had a silly impossible college level question on a test in math one day. I answered it but I realized it would you know, make me stand out So I just erased It." Peter carefully explained.

"I mean it's not like I'm a genius or anything, I just understand the problem and once I understand it I can solve it. It's really not a big deal, just how it's always been for me." Peter said. "I disagree, I believe you could be one of your generations best and brightest." Bruce said. "Yea kid don't doubt yourself, push yourself to get better. And I also disagree, I believe you are a genius. Because you beat out two geniuses to solve that question." Tony said. "What's your IQ kid? Tony added. "Uh, I've never really tested it throughly, but I think last time I did a test somewhere around, 180-190? That was in like, 5th grade maybe? I don't know honestly. It was just stupid online test the school was making the older kids do so I hacked into it and took it." Peter shrugged.

Both geniuses went silent. "The kid might have an IQ higher than me." Bruce said. "Yea but I don't have like 7 phd's and doctorates an stuff." Peter replied. "Kid that makes it worse, cause that means even with all of them you still might have a higher IQ." Tony said. Oh peter just said then he stopped talking and ate. The other kept talking amongst themselves then peter got a call. Looking at the caller Id peter said "I gotta take this" then he walked around the corner. "Hey what's up?" "Parker, new children are coming tomorrow, be home early to help me set up the beds. You have 2 hours." Then the call ended.