Chapter 5; Hero

"The fear of facing your fears is harder to overcome than the fear itself."

3rd person POV
All the avengers were on their toes. It had been 2 weeks since their encounter with Spider-Man, and quite honestly it was daunting that Spider-Man had been gone this long. They all knew what this meant. He was cooking up a plan. What what was he planning? Little did they all know, Peter was already set.

Peter sat in his room with a plan, he didn't want the avengers to be scared of him per say he just wanted them to leave him alone. So peter had cake up with this whole elaborate plan to freak them out on patrol one night or whatever but then he got a notification on his phone. 'Avengers tower under attack fromGreen Goblin' peter sighed Guess he had to go clean up his own mess. Once again.

The avengers were just talking in the common area of the tower and all of sudden a weird green man came flying through the window filling the room with smoke. The avengers couldn't see anything. They didn't know what was going on, then the green man spoke up. "You have something I need, where is the vibranium?" "Who are you?" Steve chokes out, smoke filling his lungs. The avengers all started to stagger and everything was blurry.

Then Spider-Man came swinging in. "Hey Goblin it's been a minute since I last seen you! How're you? Still being a bad guy?" "Spider-Man!" The goblin spat out. "Ohhh lookie you took down the avengers! Oh exciting for you! I guess you think your a big bad now huh?" What was Spider-Man doing? Was all the avengers could think. Then outta nowhere Spider-Man sent a web into a vent and like that the smoke started to be sucked away.

Everything became clearer for the avengers. "You! Spider-Man you will regret this." Goblin said and with that goblin attacked Spider-Man, sending bombs and drones and knifes all the while Spider-Man just easily dodged them all. Sigh, "how many times are we gunna do this Harry? Round and round we go. You remember when we were what, ten? And we went to your fathers cabin and we ran around the woods playing knights pretending to take down dragons to save the fair ladies of the land?"

"What happened to us Harry? We used to be best friends? No look at us, against each other. Me the good guy and you, the bad guy. What happened to that ten year old boy who wanted nothing more than to save the people he cared about. Me being one of those people Harry." Spider-Man knew the Green Goblin. They used to be best friends? This was all so confusing for the avengers.

"What happened to that boy you ask? That boy lost everything, my mother my father everyone." "YOU STILL HAD ME!" Spider-Man yelled out angry. "You still had me Harry, and don't pretend I don't know what it's like to lose everything you DAMN WELL KNOW I DO! I NEEDED BY BEST FRIEND HARRY, WHEN SHE DIED A YEAR AGO I NEEDED MY BEST FRIEND! BUT WHERE WERE YOU? YOU WERE OUT BEING THE BAD GUY WE USED TO DESPISE!"

The green goblin just sighed, "I guess I'm not the best friend you remember. And don't forget, you are the reason I became this. I needed you too, to save me. But you couldn't no, you wouldn't save me." "Harry if I had given you my blood, Yea it may have healed you. But it also could've killed you. I never said I wouldn't give it too you. I said until I could safely give you an working antidote of my blood I couldn't." Spider-Man said.

"Harry just go. One chance, just leave and the avengers and shield won't get a hold of you." Spider-Man was going to let the green goblin go? "You know I can't do that." And with that green goblin once again attacked Spider-Man. But Spider-Man was faster, he dodged everything being thrown at him and webbed the goblin to the wall. Unable to move or speak.

Spider-Man sighed and looked at the avengers behind him. "You owe me avengers. I hate fighting with him, so you damn well owe me." And with that Spider-Man swing away. The avengers left confused. "So Spider-Man knows who this guy is? And this guy knows who Spider-Man is?" Nat said.