Forest of Chakra

Arisu was fine now, or so she convinced herself. She had shed her tears for the first time in years. And now she had no more.

She didn't feel relieved, in fact she felt empty now. But that was alright, at least her lips were sealed tight. She wouldn't have to cry all night because everything was alright.

Wrong, but she didn't care, no one was left to care and if they did, they said nothing and watched her fall apart. They'd just watch as she collected the pieces of her broken heart.

And she was alright with that. She had learned to be. She continuously searched for a way to be free.

Where were they? The hugs and comfort her father always promised.

Gone, gone to the grave.

And now, for them she did crave...

But that's enough of the poetry, we must get back to the story of her life you see...

I know it's sad, but please don't kill me.

You may cry now. (If you wish)

-

"Sensei! Are you sure you should be up right now?" Asked Sakura, "You aren't fully healed!"

Kakashi smiled, "It's alright, we need to be training if we want to stand a chance against Zabuza..."

He stumbled around a bit and led them to a forest.

Arisu said nothing as Kakashi demonstrated. She said nothing as Naruto charged straight into a tree.

Sasuke stared at her, this time it wasn't because he was suspicious. This time it wasn't because he was annoyed.

It was because he cared.

He found someone who could share his pain, and for once in his life, he considered someone else's feelings.

And the worst thing was, he felt the guilt.

He prides himself in his beloved clan, he loved them dearly. But to see someone suffering so much from something his clan did and he didn't know?

He felt bad.

Sasuke still loved his clan dearly and was going to avenge them.

But he was no longer blind to the way Arisu behaved. He understood her this time.

And...well, he wouldn't ever admit it but, he wasn't going to let her be alone.

"Earth to Arisu and Sasuke!" Naruto exclaimed loudly, "are you paying attention?"

Arisu blinked and nodded, "Yes."

"What were you daydreaming about?" Asked Sakura with her hands on her hips from on top of a tree branch.

"My mother," Arisu said quietly, "but that is no excuse. I apologize for not focusing."

"Your mother?" Repeated Sakura, "Why?"

Arisu walked towards a tree, "Because I don't remember her well."