Roots

Shurui never came back...and Arisu never knew her mother...

Arisu smirked. 3 seconds. "See you on the other side Orochimaru, Kabuto...Uchiha." And she hiraishined away. Orochimaru scowled, "That bitc-!"

"Let's go." Sasuke interrupted sharply. His eyes blazed red and the three of them were enveloped in fire. Kabuto glanced at Sasuke and scoffed.

So he still hasn't killed those feelings yet...

-

Arisu sighed deeply as she leaned back in her chair. Sasuke...what an idiot. And she got back to work. She had better things to do than think about him.

She resumed her paperwork in silence. It was one of those rare days when nothing bad happened. It was nice.

Well, it was nice until he walked in.

"Danzo." She acknowledged as the former councilman approached followed by two anbu carrying a scroll. "What brings you here?"

"You wanted me to give you Root did you not?" He quirked an eyebrow, "this scroll will be our...contract. In blood, we shall write the terms and conditions of the whole affair."

Arisu pursed her lips, "Very well."

In blood, they wrote the following conditions,

To use Root to protect Konoha and it's shinobi and citizens.

To not abuse its power.

To love Konoha with all your heart.

Arisu nodded as Danzo signed the scroll.

"There. Now it is done. Root is yours." He smirked, "Hmph, you are truly a worthy successor."

The Hokage let a small smile slip onto her face. "It's ironic isn't it Danzo-sama...that you, a student of my great grandfather have chosen I, the descendant of your teacher to succeed you."

"It was perfect." The old councilman declared with a nod. Arisu nodded softly. She did not trust Danzo one bit but she could understand what motives he might have. He did love Konoha...he simply didn't have the Will of Fire to accompany that love.

"I also have something you might find interesting..." Danzo trailed off. The Hokage blinked.

"What is it? Spit it out."

He smirked, "I have something that may act as a clue to uncovering who your mother was."

Arisu froze.

This day was no longer a normal one.

Arisu paced back and forth until Haku cleared his throat.

"Hokage-sama...are you-?"

"No. No." She told herself, "enough running off to do field work...you are the Hokage...you need to stay put. You already ran off for Gaara and the Sasuke retrieval."

"Hokage-sama!" Haku yelled as he tried to get her attention. Arisu blinked.

"Oh Haku! There you are. When did you get here?" She asked innocently. The ice-user facepalmed.

"I'll cover you one last time..." he told her with a smile, "Then no more running off alright?"

Arisu hugged Haku who's face turned fifty shades of red as he spluttered in shock.

"Thank you Haku!" She called as she hiraishined out of the office leaving a flustered boy.

"Sasuke...you better not come back ever." The Yūki told himself, "Otherwise I won't have this chance."